Lower t-stat

bigike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Advanced autoparts has a 160/170/180 and 190 degree t-stats. Which should i get. I understand that I won't get the full benifit until I get my flash but for the time being, i do alot of at speed runs and believe that It could help. I'm thinking 170, and I'll add a little water wetter. Gonna get those a/c temps down a little also.

thanks yall.

IKE

Advanced Auto Pars 170

bigike said:
Advanced autoparts has a 160/170/180 and 190 degree t-stats. Which should i get. I understand that I won't get the full benifit until I get my flash but for the time being, i do alot of at speed runs and believe that It could help. I'm thinking 170, and I'll add a little water wetter. Gonna get those a/c temps down a little also.

thanks yall.

IKE

Advanced Auto Pars 170
i dont think those are for the gen3 engine. we have the 170 stat, its 35 bucks

bigike said:
Boomer does yours come with instructions? and what would shipping be? 77449
i can walk you thru it over the phone, like 6 bucks for shipping.

I believe Boomer's is the only one in town! Unless, another aftermarket one has come into the ball game. Stick with the 172 T-stat. Anything less, you will probably throw a code. Everything else is in the PCM, hyd fan and outside temp.
i can walk you thru it over the phone, like 6 bucks for shipping.
:call::call::call::call::call::call::call::call:Remove 4 screws, take out stock t-state, install new T-stat, rock on.:rock:

Boomer, I still have a new exhaust I want you to look at under my truck! :girlshit:

Last edited:
RedSrt007 said:
step by step instructions in the DIY section...
And they were very accurate.

Best tip - let her cool all the way down before you try to get at that terrible bottom bolt.

Other than that bolt, it was a breeze.

Dont be surprised if it still runs the same temp after install.Alot guys still running 200ish with a 170 t-stat.!!!!!

wont grow old said:
Dont be surprised if it still runs the same temp after install.Alot guys still running 200ish with a 170 t-stat.!!!!!
Yeah it still runs 200 on hot day in traffic but out on the highway in 6th it cools to about 170 which it never did before

I kepted the 170 when I removed the stage 2 for the nitrous, truck runs just as hot as it did with the factory t-stat.

nycstev said:
Yeah it still runs 200 on hot day in traffic but out on the highway in 6th it cools to about 170 which it never did before

Same deal with the LX models..I have a 180 (stock is 203) in my SRT8...temps run 200-215 in traffic...185 on the HWY...B&G can flash the PCM to turn the fans on at a lower temp...I have a switch to manually turn the fan on...with the fan on my temps stay around 190 on a hot day in traffic..

Right, I understand that with no air flow there is no exchange of heat. but at speed this will help. And I will get the PCM in due course:)

Is this post writen ok. I mean I know its no battlefield earth or anything but, hell this is the INTER F'N NET! :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back