Lowerin the front of a QC revisited

cobraken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off and on I consider lowering the front of my '05 QC. It currently has about a 2" drop of stinker's on the back. I'd like the drop the front about an inch. I have an old x metal 1-2 inch drop on my '05 RC.

My remembrance is that stinker has a 1.5" drop for the front but that stinker wasn't necessarily recommending it for me. I remember reading that if I put my old stock RC front end springs on it will drop my QC about an inch. I can't remember if anyone has tried it and I couldn't find anything on a quick search of the forum.

I have the idea that some folks have dropped the front of the QC but that there really isn't anything folks agree on that will drop the front and not compromise some of the roadability.

I also have a set of RC springs sitting in my garage. Been meaning to try them.

Hmm sounds interesting....all you have to do is swap out springs? any ill effects? I think i would like a small rake....

505'sFastestViper. said:
:D your truck needs it it looks like your f going four wheeling:D

Ha ha well hook me up with some RC springs and I'll get right on it:D

RC springs

100_2056.JPG

srt10hood.jpg

100_2037.jpg

srtdrop.jpg

I run em on my 10 an the only ill effect I have not fixed after about 10K miles is the bump stops. I sit about 1/4" off of them and if I hit a hard ass bump it is basically bottoming out on the rubber snubber of the bump stop. I am going to shave the stop down and reweld it on the frame. Ride is really great as it is not a heated or coil cut spring. Rather a spring made for a truck 5-600 lbs lighter. Takes about an hour a side install from lifting/supporting truck to bolting the wheel back up and letting her down.:rock: :burnout:

Last edited:
sounds good and looks good...now im on the hunt for RC springs...how much should I expect to pay for a set? like whats a good deal or not?

Troy's QC SRT said:
sounds good and looks good...now im on the hunt for RC springs...how much should I expect to pay for a set? like whats a good deal or not?

$50 from most wrecking yards. Just make sure it was hit in the rear;)

crap that would take me a bit to find a wrecked 10 local.... these are just off a 10 RC right?

SANTEEN said:
Got mine for $30 from a member here

cool I'll just keep an eye out from now on.... I think my truck would look good with how it sits in the rear and a 1.5 drop in the front

Troy's QC SRT said:
nah im good....im not 100% race focused! not with the 10:D

You can use regular ( non Srt-10) front spings as well but I am not sure of the actual spring rate compared to the RC 10 springs. Mine are indeed from an RC10 but I would think a pair from a Hemi truck would be just fine. V-6 truck even better for launching at the track and weight transfer, but suck on the street I imagine.:confused:

Hmm I wonder is anyone has any solid info on the differences....... I'm sure there is a difference between the 10 and a regular Ram as the 10 came with "Sport" suspension including "Tuned" springs according to the ads when they came out.....

I believe the RC 10 springs dropped me about 2". Hemi springs may be more, but I believe the spring rate is just softer and height the same?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back