lowering coil spring broke

silversnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my brakes have been squeaking for a while and desided to check the pads, so i removed the tire and started to inspect the calipers, then the spring called my attention as two coils where touching each other and then i saw that it was broken, wich i didnt expect since there was no clanking noises or anything.
luckily i still had the original ones, but now i have to wait till after christmas to order some new ones, so for all you guys with lowering springs it wouldnt hurt to check them every once in a while.

Should not have to check springs.

something was wrong with one of yours.

forgot the pics lol

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

who made the spings? Sounds like either cheap and or defaulty product to me. If you've ever cut a coil off youd know they are SOLID man and should not just "break"

they were one of the first lowering kits tony offered, but i know s!!t happens and nothing is for ever so im not gonna make a big deal out of it just wanted to give a heads up to all the people running lowering sprigns.

they were one of the first lowering kits tony offered, but i know s!!t happens and nothing is for ever so im not gonna make a big deal out of it just wanted to give a heads up to all the people running lowering sprigns.

never had a problem like this before boss, and it has me a bit steamed:mad:

needless to say I jsut got off the phone with the manufacturer, they are gonna shout back at me, but I will take care of them:mad:

Now there is a vendor to buy product from!! Definitely a Stand Up Guy, most likely WAY out of warranty, but still willing to make things right! When I get around to dropping mine, will definitely be doing business with Tony. BTW, spring could have broke from any kind of situation, should see springs on some of these 18 wheelers running down the road.

probably just one little flaw, air bubble, speck of dirt.:( wonder if it let loose while you were drivin or just sittin:dontknow:

& always a good idea to look her over every now & then:rock::rock::rock:

nothing towards tony on this.

but tony in the picture he has posted they look very cheap grade metal, almost like cast pot metal :dontknow:

Thats why I buy alot from tony, he stands behind his products and really cares.

nothing towards tony on this.

but tony in the picture he has posted they look very cheap grade metal, almost like cast pot metal :dontknow:

Thats why I buy alot from tony, he stands behind his products and really cares.

I'm just curious on the "stands behind his products and really cares" part?? Is that on ALL the products he sells or just certain ones?? Hmmmmm............

It would probably depend on the part or item.
If he sells something that would need to be sent to the manufacture, it would depend on if the manufacture deems the part defective or covered under warranty.
If it is a part that is built in house or for JTSVP, it is at his discretion since warranty is covered by JTSVP.
This is common for most business. At work if I have a TV that broke. I send it to whoever made it. If they come back and cover it, good. If not, because of age, condition or whatever decide not to cover it, there isn't much I can do. I'm not going to give out new TV's to people that have knocked a TV over, put it outside and got it wet (you would be surprised how many people in FL put TV's outside), or have a 4 year old TV finally die, or throw a Wii controller at it.
If it is a part we build, install, or programming, we look at it on a case by case basis. Some things we cover, others we can't.
Tony has gone out of his way many times for me as well for others. It has included parts that were $50 and others that were several hundred. This has been stated before.
I know exactly what your talking about with your problem with Tony. It is unfortunate that he couldn't cover your wires. If I remember, he had his reasons and you had yours. I see you replaced them with AMS wires. I hope they are holding up in your application better.
In your case, looks like you are doing ok by not dealing with Tony. You got some nice mods and a good looking truck.

Last edited:
It would probably depend on the part or item.
If he sells something that would need to be sent to the manufacture, it would depend on if the manufacture deems the part defective or covered under warranty.
If it is a part that is built in house or for JTSVP, it is at his discretion since warranty is covered by JTSVP.
This is common for most business. At work if I have a TV that broke. I send it to whoever made it. If they come back and cover it, good. If not, because of age, condition or whatever decide not to cover it, there isn't much I can do. I'm not going to give out new TV's to people that have knocked a TV over, put it outside and got it wet (you would be surprised how many people in FL put TV's outside), or have a 4 year old TV finally die, or throw a Wii controller at it.
If it is a part we build, install, or programming, we look at it on a case by case basis. Some things we cover, others we can't.
Tony has gone out of his way many times for me as well for others. It has
included parts that were $50 and others that were several hundred.
You got some nice mods and a good looking truck.

Thanks Wes, very well put!:rock:,

Last edited:
Any difference noticed in the handling? Everything else look OK in the suspension?

tony is a great guy:rock::rock: i didnt expect for him to replace them since they have been out of warranty for a long time now, thanks!! tony

probably just one little flaw, air bubble, speck of dirt.:( wonder if it let loose while you were drivin or just sittin:dontknow:

& always a good idea to look her over every now & then:rock::rock::rock:
dont know when it broke, i dint even new it was broken,

Any difference noticed in the handling? Everything else look OK in the suspension?

truck did handle abit weird on the last few times i drove it but i just tougt that it was the shocks that went bad, never crossed my mind that it could of been the coil rest of the suspension is ok.

I have to say after reading this I will be buying my lowering kit and any other parts I may need thru JTS.. here in London it's hard to find a aftermarket performance shop that will stand behind it's products ... It may be harder to get parts to canada but maybe the SRT is in need to go to the U.S.A for a g2g..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back