Lowering kit for 05 QC SRT-10

05SRT-10Quad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently considering lowering my 05 SRT10 QC.

For those of you that may have experience with this what kit would you recommend and why?

Thanks!

When you do install the kit make sure you weld the rear leaf spring mounts to the axle like the instructions say. Ask me how i know lol. I thought it would be fine just to drive around the block and to my shop to weld and i twisted the axle as i pulled out of my neighborhood(broke the driveshaft and twisted it so ended up needing a whole driveshaft).

i have the one from Tony , looks awesome and the ride is much better.
only thing is that i have some minor hitting issues in the front...
but i guess it will be solved in a few.

Thanks for the input guys.

Are all of you guys happy with the ride? Do you know if it's ok to tow with this kit? I occasionally tow an open car trailer with one of my cars.

Sammy, what kind of "hitting" issues are you talking about? Wheels hitting a suspension component? Something else?

How close is the rear axel to the frame after kit is in and does it hit the frame over every bump when driving? And does it affect traction taking off being there can't be much weight transfer to the rear with very little travel??
I have a 2/5 kit sitting in my garage that I haven't installed yet.

it's a good kit but you will need to buy a couple of extra parts

1. thicker bump stops...if not you will hit the top of the front fender liners on every small bump

2. air bag helper kit...in order to tow or put heavy stuff in back of the bed you will need this...if not you will be riding on the rear bump stops and it will handle like crap

3. better rear shocks and shock extenders...the shocks that come with the kit suck..I bought some 9 way adjustable shocks from Calvert racing and added some shock extenders...

4. weld in the rear leaf mount.....very important...

other than that your good...you can add a rear sway bar from a rc to improve the handling and some poly bushings....

Thanks for the input guys.

Are all of you guys happy with the ride? Do you know if it's ok to tow with this kit? I occasionally tow an open car trailer with one of my cars.

Sammy, what kind of "hitting" issues are you talking about? Wheels hitting a suspension component? Something else?

Its hitting the inner fenders in front when i go in dents or trafficbumps.
In the back no problem , if i wanna tow i have purchased the airlift kit with bags and compressor from Tony , works great !

SRT2SLOW , wich ticker bumpstops do u have in front ?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back