Lowering questions

SRT10VENOMOUS

1800HP Club. And climbing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing is, you're limited in the rear. You can only go so low before the frame will be riding on the rear axle.

Springs and shortened sway bar links in the front and lowering blocks in the rear will do the trick. (Stinker is your man)

Roz-SRT said:
The only thing is, you're limited in the rear. You can only go so low before the frame will be riding on the rear axle.

Springs and shortened sway bar links in the front and lowering blocks in the rear will do the trick. (Stinker is your man)
c notch no big deal

Roz-SRT said:

my truck will be lowered in the back without a block and with stock shackels be very good a whole new option and did i mention it will hook up better

ya so who has a lower arm for this beast i want the front to ride like stock.. and if necessary c-notch her only take a couple hrs to complete that

505'sFastestViper. said:
my truck will be lowered in the back without a block and with stock shackels be very good a whole new option and did i mention it will hook up better

an RC with stock shackels and no blocks... Care to produce substantiated evidence?

I dont think they will work bud, not 100% sure tho, but fstjack ordered a complete a arm air bag kit from air ride, but they wouldnt match up, and in the end they screwed him outta almost $1000:mad:

a company called "solo" was going to make 2" drop spindles for the front of our srt-10's (they are different than a regular 1500 ram), but they hadn't gotten around to it last time i checked... reason being, there are not so many of our trucks - more money to be made with other models with more production numbers......
the reason drop spindles are better than what you linked in the beginning of this thread is, because you can drop 2" & not change your suspension travel...... with what you linked, 2" drop is 2" less travel.... not much better than 2" spring drop. :(

another option for droping the rear is a spring de-arch i had done @ my local drop shop.... even if you decide to drop the rear with blocks, 4" is about as far as you can go & still have some travel (~2" left)......

i did a 2" spring drop in the front & a 3" de-arch in the rear with no ride issues:

Attachments

• DSCN1857.JPG
    DSCN1857.JPG
    864.3 KB · Views: 628
Roz-SRT said:

So with the spring change you have to have shortened sway bar links? I did't think that was part of the kit?:dontknow:

Stretch

man yall we are going to have somebody make a front kit.... i used to build air ride suspensions.. its not going to be a bolt on kit.. we are going to have to find a good shop i already have mine Nfamus AirRide and going to have it custom made and taylored to our own trucks... it's not somthing you want to cut short......up front you should be about to replace you coil springs with bag Cups and put a bag in there and regain the lower height you want ... this is my guys that will end up doing my work for me http://www.nfamusairsuspension.com

here is his ram
3.jpg

and after it was painted and made a few mag's
keith03.jpg

Tooloe said:
man yall we are going to have somebody make a front kit.... i used to build air ride suspensions.. its not going to be a bolt on kit.. we are going to have to find a good shop i already have mine Nfamus AirRide and going to have it custom made and taylored to our own trucks... it's not somthing you want to cut short......up front you should be about to replace you coil springs with bag Cups and put a bag in there and regain the lower height you want ... this is my guys that will end up doing my work for me http://www.nfamusairsuspension.com

here is his ram

and after it was painted and made a few mag's

Do the airbags affect the handeling ? or just the height of the truck ?
and looks great.. good link...

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
Do the airbags affect the handeling ? or just the height of the truck ?
and looks great.. good link...

yes the handling is much improved! and it rides like a caddy! if set up the correct way there will be a major improvement in handling traction and lowered stance... i don't want my truck to lay on the ground i just want to be able to put the bottom of the nose about 2 1/2 inchs off the ground!:rock: :rock: :rock:

amoparman said:
So with the spring change you have to have shortened sway bar links? I did't think that was part of the kit?:dontknow:

Stretch

You don't HAVE to ,BUT it will allow the sway bar to have a greater effect and work better if the arms are parallel to the ground

I just cut out the amount that I lowered my rear and threaded the remaining portion and used a rod coupling to put them back together.Been working good for me.

heres a perfect example of a 4 link... some of you may ask why the bag on bars.... you can do it either way but bag on bar is alot better ride and more control when going around turns as the body shifts bag over axle is normaly for towing or a cheap set up unless you going to run coilovers
13.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back