Lowering

Sammy11

Supporting Member
Reaction score
afther so much discussion...
what is the best option to lower a 2006 SRT-10 QuadCab ?

tyvm
:dontknow:

Talk to Stinker. I would say it's a hit or miss you will end up with some sort of vibration at take off.

moparracing said:
you might want to consider a local lowering shop as an option.... de-arched my rear springs exactly to perfectly lower/level my truck. :)
There are several threads here about lowering. You will find many different opionions I used the McGaughys kit on mine with helper bags in the rear and loved it! Stinker has a kit and so on! Check the Search engine on this site to help you!!!!:D

McGaughys kit is only good if you keep the bump stops attatched to your lower control arm............... If you leave them in you will ALWAYS be riding on the bump stops..... That means that the only suspension travel you have is the travel you get in that 2" or 50mm piece of rubber.

If you remove that bump stop your wheels will travel and rub HARD on your inner fender well......................

Also if you don't use helper bags in the rear you will bottom your rear end out so hard you'll think the frame will crack...........

Stinkers looks like the best option, he made special springs for the front end.

Now on the cheap, a local buddy of mine cut 1/4 or 1/2 a coil out of the front springs and installed a flip kit in the rear.

It looks awesome and it rides like a stock truck only it handles better......... the rear end geometry is good. total cost was 300 bucks..................
CIMG1260.jpg
his is the lowered one:)

bigike said:
McGaughys kit is only good if you keep the bump stops attatched to your lower control arm............... If you leave them in you will ALWAYS be riding on the bump stops..... That means that the only suspension travel you have is the travel you get in that 2" or 50mm piece of rubber.

If you remove that bump stop your wheels will travel and rub HARD on your inner fender well......................

Also if you don't use helper bags in the rear you will bottom your rear end out so hard you'll think the frame will crack...........

Stinkers looks like the best option, he made special springs for the front end.

Now on the cheap, a local buddy of mine cut 1/4 or 1/2 a coil out of the front springs and installed a flip kit in the rear.

It looks awesome and it rides like a stock truck only it handles better......... the rear end geometry is good. total cost was 300 bucks..................
CIMG1260.jpg
his is the lowered one:)
WoW!!!! Great Advice Except YOUR WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! I put air bags on my QC for towing. I never had a problem hitting the bump stops with the helper bags on and if you own a QC and ever intend on towing you will need helper bags! Other than that I love my McGaughys Kit!!!

But.... You are riding on your bump stops if you didn't cut them out..........

And if you are on you bump stops you have no suspension save for the cushoining that the bump stop gives you.

You don't bag the front, and of course you wont bottom out the axle if you have air bags in the back.........

So in my experience I am right.....

Hey ronnie, I said right there in my post that you must use bags or you will bottom the axle out to the point where you'd think the frame is cracking. So dude you've got to explain, where I'm wrong. thanks

Last edited:
Ebay has a jdm flip kit on the cheap. It's got a adjustable driveline angle. It's not the only option though. Just don't get the McGauphey's kit.

Hmm I'm sorry Bro but I'm NOT riding on the bump stops. I'm not sure where your getting your info from but in this instance that's not the case! Sorry!

O man I loved the why mine looked great. Made me almost cry taking it off

My info comes from my dealings with the kit.

Could you take a pic of your lower control arm?

i lowered the back with shakles.
can i lower approx. 2" in front with just springs ?
if so , what brand would do the trick ?

yea stinkers kit has what you are lookin for from what i can tell

and yes cuttin the bump stop and replacing it with a energy suspenstion on from auto zone will do the trick once u cut it to the bottom line the ride is great

but then again the bump stop is already way cleser the control arm on a 10 then a hemi but it still the same dam parts but even stock on a 10 i would cut it just for more travel

unless you get a c-notch or helper bags the rea end will slap the frame i hated it at first but now i just dont care if it hits :p

My kit only stayed on for 2 days. Hurt me inside taking it off. The bottoming out didn't bother me it was the bottoming of the front suspension that killed it for me.

I was planning on installing jdm lowered bump stops in the front but it was just too spongy. The springs were half the diameter of the stockers, roughly.

bigike said:
My kit only stayed on for 2 days. Hurt me inside taking it off. The bottoming out didn't bother me it was the bottoming of the front suspension that killed it for me.

I was planning on installing jdm lowered bump stops in the front but it was just too spongy. The springs were half the diameter of the stockers, roughly.

1/2 coil cut from stock springs and Energy suspension bushings with 2 lines cut off are perfect. My truck no longer hits fender liners and is a hell of alot smoother then it was stock

Back