lug torque help!

dizzle81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help? I took my wheels off to clean my calipers and now my friends and I have a heated debate goin on. I called my buddy who works at a break place and he looked it up. There was a special notation for srt-10 that stated ONLY 2006 wheels get torqued to 135 and that 04, 05, get 95? Does anyone on here really have thier wheels torqued to 95? seeking a second opinion I called another friend at discount and was told 130. He never heard of, or had any info stating anything about 95. What should I torque em at?

I have mine at 95. The wheels come off weekly, for cleaning. So I have gotten to the point that my "elbow tq wrench" often leaves them a little less and I also use bearing grease on the lugs...keeps them nice and clean and the job is much easier...they have never been loose...works fine.

Only rule: "No air guns."

Prof said:
I have mine at 95. The wheels come off weekly, for cleaning. So I have gotten to the point that my "elbow tq wrench" often leaves them a little less and I also use bearing grease on the lugs...keeps them nice and clean and the job is much easier...they have never been loose...works fine.

Didn't the Permastar plating help? You still taking em off that often?:dontknow:
I've got four here for ya since your in practice!:D

Oh yeah something else from the manual:

"NOTE: Never use oil or grease on studs or nuts.":p

Last edited:
Remember Chrysler used to be a for profit organization...ever seen the grease they recommend for the transmission?

Taking the wheels off not only simplifies cleaning the wheels but also the calipers, wheel wells and suspension!

Prof said:
Remember Chrysler used to be a for profit organization...ever seen the grease they recommend for the transmission?

Taking the wheels off not only simplifies cleaning the wheels but also the calipers, wheel wells and suspension!

I thought the Permastar would help by making the inside of rim easier to clean?:dontknow:

And books have been known to be wrong before!:D ;)

Oh yes the Permastar process makes it a wipe off process...just the dust accumulation and a little brake dust. It makes a huge difference. I also use anti-dust wipes from Christine's company that help a lot.

Wheel studs should be left absolutely DRY, no lubricants. If you use lube on your studs your nuts could fall off!!!

Lost my nuts years ago Jack...but hell you know what I am talking about.

I disagree with the concept of studs being left dry. For me, with a couple of hundred miles a week only during dry weather, it works fine. On the other hand if you don't remove your wheels weekly, and only remove them to change rubber or brake pads...maybe no lube makes sense. Just not to me.

I agree with Prof, just alittle on the threads,:rock: :rock: not on the face of the nuts !!

i put anti sieze on the studs, they are a pain to replace when you break one

Prof said:

Exactly what I did, the lugs come right off and you can clean the the rim, caliper, and wheel well easy...:)

LOL you guys are insane greasing your lugs and nuts... and very lucky they have not come off of you...

and to think we have some preachers in here preaching about street racing.. NOW this is just as dangerous .. wheels fall off . Good luck not running over granny in the lane in front of you lol

crazzy yanks.. i tell ya.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back