Lurching???

BigDave1970

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. I need some help here. After installing the Gen X shifter, X-metal throttle body, powder coated valve covers and intake manifold, and 170 t-stat I am having an issue. At relatively low RPM's (approx. 1000) the truck "lurches" back and forth. Almost feels like the clutch keeps disengaging from the flywheel. and continues to do it up to 3000. Any ideas as to what might be happening? I was thinking maybe the TPS? Am I wrong? Please help me and my dilema!!!

You can disconnect the negative on the battery (after you pull codes from the ignition) and reset the PCM.
Would not be suprised to see a TPS code come up.
AFTER the PCM reset pull codes again...see if it still has no codes, throws the same code, or continues to lurch.
Also check the vacuum line's under the TB, connections to the new tb, torque/bolts/vacuum lines on the new intake plennum...ect. on the new installed part's related to the motor.
That should get you started.
Good Luck.

anyone know how much the tps costs? i think i need one, and dont know if i can leave it at the dealer for the warranty to cover it...so i may purchase it and install myself...any ideas?

I think they're only about $30 some bucks. If I remember correctly.

Back