M&H rims/tires

lukedovichak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have been reading lots in the M&H vendor site and some friends have got me bit on the drag racing bug. I plan on going down in 2 weeks to race and would like to get a set of the 17" rims (so i dont have to shave right?) and a set of tires. I have never been to the strip but a good friend told me to get some "cheater" slicks. almost pure slick except with 2 lines in them, then I can still run in the streeet class. I sat at the races all weekend and when i got home had to jump in the truck and go for a drive and practice launching a couple times.

I know as soon as i get them 17psi. If anyone knows where i can get some rims/tires it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to use M&H for the tires but I need the rims and I heard they are hard to find. Thanks guys

Trainman sounds like he has it going on btw. ""Here's how I do it. Drive around the water, then back in, then roll forward just out of the water. Set the LineLoc, then in 2nd gear drop the clutch, count 1001, 1002 ,release line lock and roll forward. John at M&H said the Drag Radials don't like a lot of heat. Lauch at 3500 RPM, with CalTracs and the QA1's set at 2 in the front and 7 in the rear and Voila...1.650 60 foot. Oh and by the way.. tire pressure was at 17.5 lbs."

I have a set of M&H dr 390x40Rx17 brand new I'm selling for $500.00 shipped you would just need to find the rims

I have a set of used DRs with about 14 runs..probably another 20-30 left...PM me for a price..............but just a FYI..the rims are near impossible to find right now..

TNVIPER said:
I have a set of used DRs with about 14 runs..probably another 20-30 left...PM me for a price..............but just a FYI..the rims are near impossible to find right now..
there are 2 brands or rims that fit, the eagle alloy 058 and the pacer ridgeline

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
there are 2 brands or rims that fit, the eagle alloy 058 and the pacer ridgeline

The Eagles are not being made now and are hard to find...I missed the thread on the Pacers....where can they be had?

TNVIPER said:
The Eagles are not being made now and are hard to find...I missed the thread on the Pacers....where can they be had?
i just went to a local wheel shop and they got them from somewhere in dallas, 134.50 each.

TNVIPER said:
Have you tried them? What are the measurements?
i think they were the same as the eagle alloy, not sure though, and yeah i tried them...set the N/A record with them at one time, now i've got shaved calipers though just gotta buy a new clutch and gears and then another set of big slicks...hmm maybe i shoulda stayed with the little slicks?
IMG_0209.jpg

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
i think they were the same as the eagle alloy, not sure though, and yeah i tried them...set the N/A record with them at one time, now i've got shaved calipers though just gotta buy a new clutch and gears and then another set of big slicks...hmm maybe i shoulda stayed with the little slicks?

LOL...yeah, maybe you should have stayed with what worked.;) ...glad to hear there is another option for the wheels..I have a used set of M&H but nobody wanted because no wheels available..

TNVIPER said:
LOL...yeah, maybe you should have stayed with what worked.;) ...glad to hear there is another option for the wheels..I have a used set of M&H but nobody wanted because no wheels available..
now you can sell your slicks and tell them about these wheels, yeah i should've left it alone first pass with the big slicks...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6bN9_pXsLg
factory clutch didn't like that

Exo said:
Haha we have about 3 threads going right now talking about the exact same thing.
yup same wheels, you might wanna try the same tires i had too 25x11.5x17 cheater slicks the extra lower gearing might help you since your running 100'

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back