MagnaBlow

HaulinAsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it has been a short while with this magnaflo exhaust. I initially posted about how it sounded ricerish. Now I have a god awful rattle coming from the muffler.:mad:

I have heard that other people are having a hard time getting magnaflo to warranty their products..:argh:

Looks like I need to remove this junk and put it in the scrap pile......

shocking.............not! magnacrap!

contact stinker he has a new exhaust setup

Last edited:
the rattle is probably a piece of welding rod or something similar that worked its way in there. my magnaflow was perfect for 2 years

~mike~

So far haven't had any issues.. But my fingers are crossed because S@#T happens.:dontknow:

7,000 miles on mine and sounds great..just inspected for cracks and all the seams were good.....my brother has 55,000+ on his Magnaflows (Charger RT) with no problems..........There are a few on the LX forums that have had problems but the majority, as is here, seem happy...I wonder if they just have bad assembly days?:dontknow:

I wont bad mouth magnaflow.Been on my truck over 2 years and I love the sound.No problems at all!!

about a yr and 7k miles on mine and no problems yet.

No problems with mine yet,and I have 2 of them !!!If anything,it's starting to sound a little better !!!:rock:

Before I start, I like the Magnaflow sound…

I have a QC and had my Magnaflow installed at a muffler shop. I first asked them to fab new extensions (3 inch) from the mids to the Magnaflow. They started (F’ed around with the pipes) and then about 30 minutes later explained to me that it was a waste of time… After watching these bone heads for 30 minutes I told them to just put the system together and I would have the pipes made later. How friggn hard could it be to put it together?
~AND THEN~
He was explaining to me how Magnaflow stated they just slip and bolt on but that’s hardly ever the case. It was like watching Abbot and Costello for 2 hours install this system…For any future reference this was at Meineke on Gulf to Bay in Clearwater Fl 33759.
When they finished where the Magnaflow attach to my stock pipes leaked. No matter how tight they or I torque the bolts. I even had the shop try to spot weld the seams but I still end up with a leak after a few miles. The dork at the shop said sealing the exhaust in this area won’t make a difference. He considered them pin holes.
I disagreed with this genius but before it came to blows, I said take it down and I would take it somewhere else.

My factory system didn’t leak… Is leakage normal for this system?

I put my MF on myself, in my driveway...alone. No problems, no leaks, and I love the sound. I did have the 2.5" extension pipes replaced with 3" pipe a couple weeks later and that shop welded up the joints for me- for free.

CIN Motorsports for you guys in the Charlotte area, great work at great prices.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back