Magnaflow...maybe not

sparksftball69

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Recently installed JMB Mids (w/out cats) i was thinking of installing Magnaflows Cat back. But now i'm not sure. What muflers would give almost straitght through flow and has anyone installed them. I live in texas all inspections are visual. They visually inspect cats so I'm cutting one now and will have it welded over the top of my midpipe. Has anyone had any luck with other mufflers other than the package ones?

sparksftball69 said:
I Recently installed JMB Mids (w/out cats) i was thinking of installing Magnaflows Cat back. But now i'm not sure. What muflers would give almost straitght through flow and has anyone installed them. I live in texas all inspections are visual. They visually inspect cats so I'm cutting one now and will have it welded over the top of my midpipe. Has anyone had any luck with other mufflers other than the package ones?
\

I run 3" MAC mufflers designed for a GTO or Mustang and I think it sounds trick! Deep. throaty v-8 sound.

Power sticks run pretty much straight through but you may need a x or H pipe to take some of the ricer sound away.

PowerSticks:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Are the powersticks sorta like cherry bombs? Not sure if i like the sound of the Glasspack style. I like the sound of the raw engine (like straight pipes).

I see a ticket in your future. Its gonna be LOUD!!!

No cats and a Borla........... trust me.

All that Magnamax stuff sounds too blappy.

D

I have Justins full 3" catless mids and the Magnaflows. I dont think I would do it again just because it is way too loud. Even idling around everyone stops in there tracks to see what the wracket is. I set off pretty much every car alarm that I pass and Im sure my neighbours pretty much hate me. But my 2 year old loves it :D , he calls it the "noisy truck".

Django said:
No cats and a Borla........... trust me.

All that Magnamax stuff sounds too blappy.

D
Thats what I have and it sounds great. At the track I was at 97 db's. Loud and proud.

im thinking of buying a universal exhaust system that i can use to run true dual 3" with turn downs in front of the rear axle but really need to find a highflow muffler that is pretty much straight through. i dont really want any sound change or restriction. Any thoughts...suggestions? Also any success with the universal fit exhuast systems or should i just try and buy individual pieces. should i look at trying to run a X pipe or H pipe. Or should I just say F*** it and go with the magnaflo?

I run catless mids and dynomax bullets, changed from a flowmaster.
Very very loud.

Yes as someone said idle is very loud also, but 3k and up is very loud.

kinda hope when i install the headers it changes the tone a bit.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back