Magnaflow Needs 06 QC (Get Free System!)

azpyroguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was asked to post this by Magnaflow. As many of you know I have a 06 QC, with a Magnaflow exhaust on it.... it does not fully fit correctly (not all hangers line up in the right spot), and tail pipe sits at a very slight angle.

I have been working with them for nearly 2 months now, but they have been unable to locate a 06 QC for them to fit a system to and design it properly.

They are looking for someone in the Southern California area (Rancho Santa Margarita) who would allow them to use your 06 QC to fit a system to.

In return they would provide you a free exhaust system for your truck.

You can contact Mike Williams @ 800-824-8664 x1185, or by email @ [email protected]

Just be sure to let him know why your contacting him, and he can give you the details.

I offered to drive my truck to the LA area but am am only able to do so on a Friday to Sunday.... and they are not available on weekends.

MODS: THIS IS NOT A ADVERTISEMENT FOR MAGNAFLOW, THIS IS AN EFFORT TO HELP THEM FIX MY PROBLEM.

Thanks.
Scott Swenka

An RC will work also...(should) but it must be a 06, as something changed between 05 and 06... this caught them by total surprise... when I called them with the issue.... I had to send pictures to show that I was not crazy!!!

They have been unable to get dealers to work with them and get them truck off the lot..... so if anyone has connections with dealers please use them...

azpyroguy said:
An RC will work also...(should) but it must be a 06, as something changed between 05 and 06... this caught them by total surprise... when I called them with the issue.... I had to send pictures to show that I was not crazy!!!

They have been unable to get dealers to work with them and get them truck off the lot..... so if anyone has connections with dealers please use them...
I don't know if an RC will work. If I remember correctly the 06 QC has a bigger fuel tank, which is probably the main difference underneath the trucks.

the qc and the rc use the same exhaust. the qc just has an extra pipe between the muffler and the cats.

also, mine sat a little crooked also on my 05. The exhaust shop tweaked it a little and selded up all those leaky connections. the clamps provided by magnaflow are awesome ones but they don't seal at all.

AWDisuzu said:
also, mine sat a little crooked also on my 05. The exhaust shop tweaked it a little and selded up all those leaky connections. the clamps provided by magnaflow are awesome ones but they don't seal at all.

I heard that!!!

Free Maggie for someone!!!! :dontknow: Hello, free maggie signed by Mario himself!!!!:dontknow: LOL No Socal 06's out there????

patrick

azpyroguy said:
An RC will work also...(should) but it must be a 06, as something changed between 05 and 06... this caught them by total surprise...

The frames changed for 06. They've switched to a hydroforming process pioneered by the C5 Corvette team. I don't know exactly what's different, except that all the 06 literature touts their lighter, stronger frame.

Sorry I'm on the wrong coast to help - this sounds like fun.

I am a little shocked they are going to take the time to make a new exhaust given the limited 06s and no 07s.

94rt10ohio said:
I am a little shocked they are going to take the time to make a new exhaust given the limited 06s and no 07s.

Most of is because they advertise that their kit #15832, fits 04-06, and I bought one on this premise, only to find out the differences...the hard way...

Scott.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back