Magnaflow or Flowmaster

dodgeff232

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this may be a stupid question but does anyone have a sound clip from a srt-10 with flowmasters. I have magnaflow on mine now but it sounds to much like a v-6 to me

the previous owner had a dual in/dual out flowmaster put on mine. people say it sounds like a modded v-6. i just smile and take their money, never having revealed its the v-10...flowmaster sounds good, but i'm also considering a magnaflow to compliment the headers and mids...

Yer gonna get lotsa differing opinions on this one....

But, once you yank out yer cats yer about 95% there anyway....

I have the cat delete and a Borla............ It sounds like an unlimited class marine engine.

Fkn awesome.....

D

Hey D I'm going to get the same system as you but Delete only the rear cats and get high flows in the front:rock: What do you think?

my brother says mine sounds like a ricer car. i ask him can he hear it real good when i go by him. i liked the flowmaster. have the magnaflow on now. its a little loud without the resonator on, but i can live with it.

wanted............ maybe he will trade

bigike
Almost Senior Member

Member Number: 1281

WTB Any cat-back stock or aftermarket

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey y'all, I think that my last thread was confussing.

I'm looking for a cat-back system. Stock or aftermarket.

I just need something that doesn't rattle or Drone like crazy...... no flowmasters any more

IKE

Last edited:
Annu Kumar said:
Hey D I'm going to get the same system as you but Delete only the rear cats and get high flows in the front:rock: What do you think?

I'm sure it'll be an improvement but I don't know exactly what it'll sound like....

Someone else may know.............

Truthfully, I only know what mine sounds like....

But you'll get a ticket whether u delete 2 cats or all of them.... So wtf.... I've never had a cop give me a second look.... But I don't open it up around them either... Understandably, you should only be discovered under those conditions... But that's simply a theory that I'm currently testing.... :eek: ;)

D

Last edited:
I have the B&B as well. It is deep and has a good rumble.

i already have bassani headers, no cats , and magnaflow muffler, i was think of goin to flowmaster

The Flow will give that 1,500 to 2,500 rpm Drone bad. When i was a wee lad, I lived for the 2 chambered drone. Fastforward 20yr and I'd rather walk next to my truck at 40 and 70! And it seems that the stocker would flow better. It is a straight perferated pipe.

I'm looking for magnaflow or a cheap MBRP single out exhaust.

MOST, do you have the single or dual tip?

MBRP is on 2.5" where the Magnaflow is 3" and the cheapest.

I removed the stock muffler and resonator and replaced them with an X-pipe and two Magnaflow resonators with two real nice stainless Magnaflow tips. The sound is real nice. A good deep, low rumble. Not quite like the old HEMI, but definitely not like a V-6.

i have the dual tips. my old dodge was a 03 qc w/ hemi and it had flows on it. sounded real good. Thats kinda what i'm lookin for. I know its not possible though.

I have a flowmaster on my truck. The sound is OK. I am looking to change though. The fit and finish of the roe modified flowmaster I bought isn't great so it hits the frame in the rear every now and then, that drives me crazy. Nowwhat claims that he lost HP with a flowmaster he had. If I did it again I think I would go with the magnaflow.

I have a custom 3" cat-back system with flowmaster mufflers...haven't done anything to the midpipes, cats, or headers yet...
This truck is LOUD, DEEP, and will scare the shit out of whoever is next to you if you decide to punch it...it pops and backfires when you let off the gas. As soon as the sun shines tomorrow, I'll get a video or sound clip up for you. I don't wanna piss off the neighbors at midnight LOL
I personally love my exhaust..wouldn't change it. I do want to do the midpipes soon though. Maybe some of the other south florida guys who have heard my truck can chime in here.

dodgeff232 said:
i have the dual tips. my old dodge was a 03 qc w/ hemi and it had flows on it. sounded real good. Thats kinda what i'm lookin for. I know its not possible though.

Dude I had the exact same setup on my 03 qc hemi truck.......your never gonna get that with a v 10.

Flowmasters have shown a HP loss on our trucks. Stick with what you got. I have the same thing. I freaken love it!!

patrick

i have x-metal catless mids with a magnaflow cat-back

the result is loud and it sounds pretty good idleing.

my neighbors complain about the noise when i get off of work at 3 in the morning and come rolling through the neighborhood.

i dont really care cause they like to mow at 9 or 10 in the morning when im asleep..................

i just might mow at 3 am to show them what its like:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back