magnaflow replacement?

jtsdad13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i may be the latest magnaflow victim. i need to really get under and check it out. i did a quick check of the hangers they all seemed tight. it could be something else, but sound like metal on metal "vibration/rattle" coming from passenger rear. i can control that noise with the throttle. i guess it could be something loose secondary to the noise of the beast, but my money is on the guts of the magnaflow. i love the sound of the magnaflow. so if it is the cause i will likely replace it. three questions 1. do you guys think what i described is the muffler? 2. i have a3in inlet and outlet, so is this a direct replacement- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-12469/
3. anyone have a dual 3in inlet and outlet muffler they want rid of?
thanks as always guys

jtsdad13 said:
i think i may be the latest magnaflow victim. i need to really get under and check it out. i did a quick check of the hangers they all seemed tight. it could be something else, but sound like metal on metal "vibration/rattle" coming from passenger rear. i can control that noise with the throttle. i guess it could be something loose secondary to the noise of the beast, but my money is on the guts of the magnaflow. i love the sound of the magnaflow. so if it is the cause i will likely replace it. three questions 1. do you guys think what i described is the muffler? 2. i have a3in inlet and outlet, so is this a direct replacement- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-12469/
3. anyone have a dual 3in inlet and outlet muffler they want rid of?
thanks as always guys
MAKE SURE you get the part made for this specific truck....My brother threw just a normal magnaflow box like that on to his 5.7L hemi and it literally sounded like tin cans were rattling when he would mash it....
Doesn't magnaflow have a warranty? Check your couplings...

tnviper is gonna go through the exhaust with me. he had a magnaflow issue as well. the muffler i posted a link to has i beleive the exact dimension of the one with the kit for our truck. if i need to replace i will call magnaflow a make sure i get the right one. i daily drive my truck so i would be better off replacing than trying to go through warranty crap with magnaflow. i hear it like trying to squeeze water from a rock. muffler has 30K miles on it.

mbrp all the way. almost bought the magnaflow when I bought the truck then I found mbrp and i was hooked.

powersticks.

gives new meanin to loud & proud :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout: :rock: :burnout:

i used my magnaflow tail pipes for my Stick install:rock: :rock: :rock:

Aero turbines sound great on other cars/trucks/diesels.

I'm getting a 4040XL for my MBRP. Resonated muffler

Look'em up on youtube

i would like to hear the aero turbines on the srt 10, i kno the powersticks sound awesome

I have always loved magnaflow and their sound on all my trucks....they got a customer for life....They actually make the truck sound somewhat like a truck and not a car!

kickinassrt-10 said:
I have always loved magnaflow and their sound on all my trucks....they got a customer for life....They actually make the truck sound somewhat like a truck and not a car!

Thats like saying the Ford Lightning had somewhat of enough HP....:p

Magnaflow all the way. I've had magnaflow on every vehicle I've owned since I was 16. And am not disappointed at all with how they sound on the 10 either.

I have a magnaflow on the Magnum, or had..... Took it off, too quite with cats. Ran straight pipe. On the trucks it's nice and loud.

Get the damn areo turbine!;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back