Magnaflow Sounds Ricey.......

HaulinAsp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:( I feel now that I have the Magnaflow Muffler on my truck that is sounds all too familliar of a rice rocket.......

Any suggestions to get away from this sound- I am not happy with it's tone.

wow....first time I've heard someone say they thought Magnaflows were "ricey". Maybe get some cat-less mids. With the mods in my sig, I've been told quite often that my truck sounds great.

I have Long Tube Headers and the Catless mids........

Just sounds a bit ricey to me....

HaulinAsp said:
:( I feel now that I have the Magnaflow Muffler on my truck that is sounds all too familliar of a rice rocket.......

I have been told the same thing by a few friends driving Mustangs. I think the sound is more exotic than ricey, especially at WOT. I like it because it doesn't sound like every other pick-up, mustang, camaro, etc. with Flowmasters. That is what really makes the V-10 distictive from everything else.

And to answer your question about how to get away from this sound----Sell your SRT-10 and buy a Lightning!!!

HaulinAsp said:
I have Long Tube Headers and the Catless mids........

Just sounds a bit ricey to me....

You must have some fat 4 cylinders in your town. Dont know how your truck could be compared to 4 cylinders with a fart can muffler?:dontknow:

If your looking for that v8 tone, forget about it. Like Gilmo said, ours is more exotic than anything else.

patrick

whats wrong with sounding Ricy:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: hahahahalol!!!!!!

i think the truck sounds just like a ferarri or lambo V10....they are always screaming around here. I have the same setup as you and I def always get a look from those exotic driving mo fo's!

If you want ricey,
Try a gibson muffler,Sounds like a banshee.(high pitch scream):D .I like my Magnaflow much better!!:rock:

HaulinAsp said:

B&B has the best sounding exhaust out there.......:rock:

other than norbert's complaint of too loud, i've heard no sound related complaints....... they are expensive, but worth it.......:D

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showpost.php?p=441360&postcount=8

You inhaling the fumes bro??? Ricey indicates a coffe can muffler on a 4 banger and these trucks sound like anything but that... heard em all and catless Magnaflows the way to go imo!!

Had the Magnaflow on my truck..otherwise stock..Ricey?..I didnt think so..Didnt give a crap what everyone else thought..lol..I have heard alot of different exhaust combos..Borla, MagnaFlow..cat delete, with cats..H Pipe, straight pipe, header, no header..whatever..If you aint happy with it, well, I guess the borla sounded good at WOT..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back