Magnum Nav Radio fit SRT10?

BAD06SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.... Just bought an 06 SRT10 and the oem nav screen was missing from the truck. I have a lead on a nav screen from a dodge magnum but I am not sure that it will fit my truck.

From what I understand the plugs for the radio will fit just fine but I am not sure if the magnum radio mounts up the same in the dash or if it will need some modification to make it work in the SRT. Does anyone happen to know if I can just unbolt the magnum radio and bolt it directly into my truck or will it take some tweaking to make it work? Let me know. Thanks.

No way it'll just bolt in. Did someone have a double din radio in it already or just a factory radio

Chrysler loves to swap radios between different models. The problem is even if it bolted in and plugged in, it still may not work. There are high speed bus and low speed bus systems that require the proper one. The wrong one won't cause damage to the system but it just won't work. For this project google is your friend, you can search to find a list of what vehicle radios are what bus speed and which ones will cross over to your truck. If you need a hand with anything just let me know. :D

No way it'll just bolt in. Did someone have a double din radio in it already or just a factory radio

As far as I know... There was a JVC KW-NX7000 double din radio in there but it was removed before I bought the truck along with the wire harness used to make it work in the truck. Right now there is no radio in the truck at all, just a hole in the dash with the original radio plugs hanging out of it.

My thinking was since it already has an oem Nav bezel, the stock radio plugs, and the stock speakers and amps, that I would just buy an oem nav unit, plug it all up and bolt it in and hopefully everything worked. From the sound of things its not that easy though.

I have a 2006 SRT10 so I was told that I would need an REC Navigation system, but thats all I was told so I figured any REC Nav system would work.

Chrysler loves to swap radios between different models. The problem is even if it bolted in and plugged in, it still may not work. There are high speed bus and low speed bus systems that require the proper one. The wrong one won't cause damage to the system but it just won't work. For this project google is your friend, you can search to find a list of what vehicle radios are what bus speed and which ones will cross over to your truck. If you need a hand with anything just let me know. :D

I had no idea. As I said above all I knew was that I needed an OEM REC Nav system so I assumed any of them would work. I never heard about high speed low speed or any of that stuff. It sounds a good bit more complicated than I thought. Guess I have some more research to do :mad:. It sounded like a real quick easy plug and play thing.

My biggest problem right now is I have no radio at all. No radio at all = no music while driving and no music while driving SUCKSSSSS.

There is one on Craigslist near me for $450 ya might get him down a little let me know if ya want Me to pick it up or ship to you. I don't know the seller though

My biggest problem right now is I have no radio at all. No radio at all = no music while driving and no music while driving SUCKSSSSS.

You still have the best music to listen to, the music out of your tailpipe!! :burnout:

Thanks for all the links but I am only lookin to spend about $300 total....

Does anyone know where I can find interchange information for the OEM dodge head units? I cant seem to find any websites that say what radio will fit and work in which cars and trucks so I have no idea which head unit I need to be looking for in order for it to fit the SRT10

You may find a factory unit at that budget only to find the stock amps are junk!! and waste your money! get an aftermarket single din and amp. you won't reget it!!! I have an 04 and the radio works when it wants which isn't very often!! I have less than 30000 miles and it quit!!

There is one on Craigslist near me for $450 ya might get him down a little let me know if ya want Me to pick it up or ship to you. I don't know the seller though

Do you happen to know if it is out of a Ram? I am not sure which nav units will swap with which cars now so I am hesitant to buy anything until I kno it will fit.... If it came out of a ram then I would guess that it would fit fine

You still have the best music to listen to, the music out of your tailpipe!! :burnout:

Lol that is true

You may find a factory unit at that budget only to find the stock amps are junk!! and waste your money! get an aftermarket single din and amp. you won't reget it!!! I have an 04 and the radio works when it wants which isn't very often!! I have less than 30000 miles and it quit!!

Ehh so your saying that the sound system sounds like crap anyway? I would rather not have to change the whole system out espcially right now so I hope its at least decent and I can live with it for a while. Is the system in the 06's the same as the 04's?

I wouldn't say the stock system sucks, but then again i'm not into the big bass or that kind of music

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back