major electrical problems please help

wayne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
started off a year ago when I ordered new HID Extreme headlights from one of the venders here. when I put them in, I was on the phone with the tech for days, ordering whatever he told me I needed and wireing them multiple ways until he basicly told me he had no idea what else to do. we finialy got the lights to work kind of half ass. when it was indicated on the dash that the low beams were on, in fact the high beams were on with the fogs. and when the high beams were indicated on the dash, the low beams were on with no fogs. we tried to switch the many different ways and this was the best it got.

Ok, so the other day I hooked up some new horns and ended up pulling some wires apart for the headlights on accident(no big deal). I wired in the lights the way I had had them wired but for some reason the high beams would not come on. I tested the factory plug and found no power source for the high beams... not having enough time in the day I was going to look into this on the coming week end. on my way to work today the airbag light and seatbelt light came on while driving, also the windows stopped working. I got to work and shut it off, started it back up and the seat heater lights started to flash and the door locks wont work either on top of everything else. not knowing a whole lot about what was going on, I disconnected the battery to maybe reset the computer but it did nothing. I remember reading on here awhile ago about some computer or fuse block that might be causing the light problems, and I would assume this would be my problem. can you guys please help.

Sounds like you may have one of your headlight wires crossed. Can you completely disconnect the headlights and tape off the ends of the wires (separately) and see if your other problems are still there. If they go away it is your headlight wiring.

Thanks for the quick response and the advice. I did look into the wiring of the light and found a problem that is an easy fix... (just not while at work). and while looking for that issue I found a huge plug under the dash that came unplugged somehow. plugged it back in and all is well... thank the good lord!!!! makes me crazy when the viper truck is broke.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back