Makin my Midpipes...Need Info...plz

FerrariTruck said:
what size piping is our exhaust? 2 1/4 or 2 1/2?.
2-1/2 or for 700hp+ 3"
FerrariTruck said:
Should I also add crossover pipe? If so X or h pipe? (will be infront of cutouts)?.
X ..... ive used both in your planned configuration
FerrariTruck said:
Where or who can i buy the o2 sensor bungs?.
You can get them from a local exhaust shop for a few bucks. Install them same length from manifold as stock at the same angle. Clearance issues will ruin them if they are angled to the floor board.
FerrariTruck said:
Who or where can i buy the o2 sims??.
You dont need them. Get 4 spark plug antifoulers from a autoparts store, drill 2 out with 1/2 inch bit and screw in the unmodified. Screw your creation into the mids, and your O2's into that. My light came on once, after resetting it never came back on again.
FerrariTruck said:
Lastly what do you recommend i do for exhaust flanges? Should they just be flat with a gasket or should i get the pipe flared and use a ummm,,like pressure type flange?
You can buy the flange to match up with the manifolds from summit for 18 bucks. Then put flat 3 bolts on the tail in and weld another flange on your "cat-back" When it comes to inspection you can bolt the stock mids back up.
FerrariTruck said:
also is there a particular brand of exhaust cutouts you guys rec? ?
If your mids are stainless, get stainless cutouts. QTP are overpriced, but summit and jegs both carry a stainless setup for cheap.
FerrariTruck said:
I cant afford electric, but i might do the mechanical cable kind. ?
Mechanical cable type leak bad. Just get standard ones with the three bolt flange. Tack weld the bolts to the cutouts, it will make it easier to use your wingnuts with one hand. If you angle them down 45 degrees and out, later on you can put the electric solenoids and have no clearance issues.

I made my first set, and then got the second set made at a local shop.
It cost me $150 from the shop and a hell of alot more to do myself.

Back