Malfunction indicator light? WTF

nycstev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check this out. I was driving last night on a the highway and decided to pounce this beast:D all of a sound backfiring out thew tailpipe or intake coudln't really tell... Then the MIL comes on and the truck starts running like crap .. I mean a POS! Hardly any power or acceleration to speak of in the fact the whole thing is trembling like it has Parkinsons. Had to drive it all the way home 125 miles and the truck seemed like it was in "Safemode"! Plus the fact that the blower is really whining like a sick hounddog. What's happening here? PCM pulling out all the stops? HELp!

yep. will she start & run now. to see if the codes come back?????

ZCx said:
yep. will she start & run now. to see if the codes come back?????
Yea it runs but the light hasn;t come back yet. Just barely runs. You can cruise on the higway but as soon as ahill or any acceleration it shakes and whines. Obviously its being fuel and timing starved... These Phuckin computers....ehhhhhhhh:mad:

load of bad gas????

ZCx said:
load of bad gas????
Funny you should mention that cause I had exactly the same problem with one of muy other Ford trucks. It was doing almost exactly the same thing. Took it to the dealer and couldnt find anything wrong. The problem eventually went away with multiple fuel changes. As far as this thing goes I was driving already all day on the first load of gas so Iwould have to discount that:D

MIL= malfunction Indicator Light..not MIL= Mother in law, right?..lol

Roe blower????
don't they have some kind of burst panel on them?????

Maybe its a VEC issue..Call Sean..
Was it raining?..or did you clean under the hood?..mighta go something wet?..
Is there a loose plug wire?...
uh..uh..bad TPS?..
Cant think of anything else off the top of my head..although it sounds electrical to my mechanically limited brain..
Lets hope its not anything serious..

I would lean twards a Vec problem first off:dontknow:
Make sure you have green lights on.
You may try sliding the card you use in there

kyle's srt10 said:
I would lean twards a Vec problem first off:dontknow:
Make sure you have green lights on.
You may try sliding the card you use in there
what i was gonna say. re load the card see if it works. make sure all the plug wires are on good and tight and havent gotten on a header somewhere.

yo give a ring if i have to come down and help out i will im only 45mins away

Marc T said:
I had this same problem with My VEc, re loaded the program and all was well!!

When I reload the card The green light flashes all the way to the right. Yes?:D
:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back