Manual conversion and brake overhaul

nathanfreke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, i've decided I want to convert my auto into a manual. I've had a quote for $5000 for all the parts needed to do the swap (apart from the clutch) by X2 . Is this a decent price or are they asking too much? It does seem steep...

Also, my front calipers were sticking bad so want to overhaul them ... i've stripped them all down and want to re seal and put new pistons in.
Could you point me in the direction for the best place to get the parts?

Many thanks!

Get with Venomous 1 Racing, the originator of the QC 6 speed swap. The dealer sells rebuild kits for our calipers too.

I replaced my front calipers with rebuilds from AutoZone.$88 for both.the same exact model made by TRW.EZPZ:D

Ah yeah I see his shop now... if he doesnt chime in ill mail him.

I hope he can help me out as my truck being off the road sucks balls!!

Hi, i've decided I want to convert my auto into a manual. I've had a quote for $5000 for all the parts needed to do the swap (apart from the clutch) by X2 . Is this a decent price or are they asking too much? It does seem steep...

Also, my front calipers were sticking bad so want to overhaul them ... i've stripped them all down and want to re seal and put new pistons in.
Could you point me in the direction for the best place to get the parts?

Many thanks!

For $4500 you could have my trans and everything :D

For $4500 you could have my trans and everything :D

That's a better deal right there!

OP- I'd be glad to help out wherever I can. Consider also that what you get from wrecking yard is just that.. Tranny may need rebuild/etc. clutch and hydraulics are better new as well. Just a few thoughts. Give me a Shout sometime sir :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back