map light replacement

Nightrunner268

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 qc with sunroof and I can't figure out how to change the map lights. The lenses don't come out like any I have changed before. I tried to take the whole overhead console down with no luck. I removed the 1 screw closest to the windshield and the power sunroof switch and couldn't get it the console to come loose. Does anyone know how to do this or have any ideas?

I believe it's mounted with clips, so you need a trim removal tool to take it off. Sometimes if you are lucky, you can pull it off with your hands. You just have to find one side that comes down easy and the rest will follow.

If you are just changing out the bulbs, it should only take a couple minutes. Just get a small flat head screwdriver, and slip it in next to the clear lenses, and pry downward. The clear lens is on a hinge, which I believe is towards the front of truck.

I even spent an extra minute to find a video...go to 1:30. Same concept!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfbEDYqAv0s

I believe it's mounted with clips, so you need a trim removal tool to take it off. Sometimes if you are lucky, you can pull it off with your hands. You just have to find one side that comes down easy and the rest will follow.

I got it thanks,I put in led lights and they look great.

If you are just changing out the bulbs, it should only take a couple minutes. Just get a small flat head screwdriver, and slip it in next to the clear lenses, and pry downward. The clear lens is on a hinge, which I believe is towards the front of truck.

I even spent an extra minute to find a video...go to 1:30. Same concept!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfbEDYqAv0s

The qc with sunroof has a different console and the lenses don't pop out, you have too take the overhead console down and install from the top.

Hmmm, I don't think I had to. Don't remember having to take the whole thing down. But at least you got it done. What color?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back