Mark your calenders.....100,000.00 miles

Chuck B

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup...finally! I know I'm not the first but I am one of the few to reach this mile stone!! Only put 3500 miles on my truck in the last 8 months but finally my speedo did the big turn over early this morning....:rock:

Stopped at Avondale to visit with Patrick yesterday and picked up a bunch of fluid. Spent this morning doing engine oil/filter, Trans oil, Diff oil, Brake flush, Clutch flush, coolant flush, pwr steering flush, new spark plugs along with a complete wash, wax and interior cleaning. Yup...even vacuumed the bed rug in back!

I had the truck up on stands and did a complete inspection of the under carriage. Only thing I noticed is the plastic clips for the Evap system canister by the fuel tank had all broken. Most likely due to our heat here in Phx. I replaced with standard Corbin clips. Also while cleaning the engine bay I snapped the plastic vacuum line for the cruise control. In the interim I cut off a small piece of vacuum hose and connected the the plastic hoses...cruise works fine.

Last edited:
I posted this back in March at the request of others. Thought I'd include it again since I'm actually at 100K now.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

While I'm just shy of 100,000 miles officially I've gotten several requests to go over the history with my SRT10. I purchased 11/5/04 new from our very own Avondale Dodge here in Arizona. Patrick was still in High School back then...

I've done all my own maintenance though as you'll see I did have some warranty work completed. I'll be doing my 32nd oil/filter change in about 1000 miles (100,000) and have changed both the trans and diff oil every 10,000 miles. A bit overkill I know but I'd consider a combination of my driving style and higher temps here in Phx justify a bit more frequent maintenance.

13,700 - new Pirelli tires
13,700 - Warranty...passenger side AC warm. Dealer checked system...ok
15,092 - Warranty...new power steering pump. Dealer agreed to replace steering rack as well
15,092 - Warranty...Passenger side AC warm. Dealer added Freon. It helped.
28,480 - new Pirelli tires. Flushed brake and clutch fluid
29,230 - EBC green front pads. Factory pads were done. Rotors grooved and were turned
30,326 - Warranty...window weather strip replaced. clutch/brake pedal pads replaced due to wear
30,922 - Warranty...oil cooler lines
30,922 - Rear axle bearing bad. Axle gutted and rebuilt to new. Dealer had to obtain replacement axle from mexico factory
31,025 - Xmetal suspension and lots of billet parts
35,338 - Warranty...New steering rack. One seal began to leak
35,338 - Warranty...Oil cooler lines leaking
35,505 - Coolant flush
36,050 - New Goodyear tires (did a few race events)
40,866 - new spark plugs, flushed brakes and clutch fluid
44,143 - new optima battery
47,309 - 2 new Nikko tires (still doing race events),
47,309 - Front EBC pads, rotors are at limits so left them as is
49,255 - 2 new Nikko tires
49,255 - Power steering line leaking. Made up my own line (pre Stinker)
50,725 - Oil cooler lines leaking, Ended up building my own lines (pre stinker)
50,725 - Zeckhausen front rotors, front and rear pads. OEM rear rotors
51,261 - Permastar coated rims.
55,313 - New Yoko Prada tires (still doing race events)
55,402 - New inner fenders (F&R) Tires wore through all
63,901 - Tire replaced due to damage (3/8" bolt pierced tread)
70,887 - Flushed brake and clutch fluid, Flushed power steering, new coolant
71,077 - Trans output seal
81,947 - Trans output seal leaking again...sanded shaft with good results
87,164 - Serpentine belt and tensioner replaced
89,985 - Flushed brake and clutch fluid
90,686 - New Optima Battery
96,977 - Flushed brake and clutch fluid

100,000 miles will need the following:
*New tires - will go with Yoko's again
*New spark plugs
*New plug wires
*Coolant flush
*Zeckhausen front pads though still not at limits! Will turn rotors even though not heavily worn
*Power steering flush

My tire usage was high due to racing events I was participating in. While I've only done a couple since installing the Yoko's they are heads above anything I've used. Same for Zeckhausen brakes...heads better. Our high heat here kills battery's. Did you notice I'm still on factory original clutch?

Enjoy your SRT's. Mine is getting better as the miles rack up!

That is freakin outstanding, I take my VTCOA hat off to you.:rock: :rock:

JRSVIPR said:
That is freakin outstanding, I take my VTCOA hat off to you.:rock: :rock:

Speaking of which....I'm member #249 and have 100,000 miles on my original SRT10 and I'm still "almost a senior member" here at VTCOA? :confused:

Chuck B said:
Speaking of which....I'm member #249 and have 100,000 miles on my original SRT10 and I'm still "almost a senior member" here at VTCOA? :confused:
You gotta be at least 55 yrs. old Chuck.:D :p :elefant:

biff said:
you are kidding... right?:dontknow:

Nope...still original clutch and slave/piston. From the beginning it was obvious Dodge should have allowed for more fluid capacity. Once I realized this I began flushing the clutch fluid at every oil change....that and I know how to properly use a clutch :p :rock:

Seriously...at the very least you should remove the clutch fluid resv cover and siphon out the clutch fluid. Replace with new at every oil change. Takes all of 3 min.

viperhauler said:
i'm at 82k.....

congrats, chuck....i'm right behind ya:D

Thanks!....I picked up another toy last Oct...just turned 12K miles on it. I'm throwing you a bone/opportunity to catch up! ;)

Awesome milestone, and shows the capability of longevity with these motors when properly maintained. Makes me have faith I can make mine run right before lighting it on fire!:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back