Master Cylinder

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been dealing with the pressure to my clutch slowly bleeding off and losing pressure for a couple of years. Up until now, occasional gravity bleeding and filling up the master with more fluid has been keeping the truck on the road. Recently I lost all pressure and the clutch pedal just falls to the floor.

To keep from pulling a transmission, I would like to just replace the Master cylinder first, to see if that is the issue. I am having a hard time finding an OE master cylinder for this truck. any suggestions? I have found complete kits including the slave cylinder/ throwout bearing for around 500, but i really don't wanna go that route if I don't have to. Any suggestions. Thanks guys.

There is a simple way to test it. Remove the line from the master to the slave, press the clutch pedal, if the pedal is rock hard it is your slave cylinder, if the pedal moves the master is bad.

I have them if needed. Not leaking from bell housing? I can get complete setup for much less than $500 as well.

I purchased the Viper version which comes complete and fully bled and ready to swap over. Nice upgrade from the OEM version on our truck which is plastic. Getting the transmission out was fairly easy, though, it was a bit heavier than I expected. Took me about 4hrs to R&R trans and slave unit. Not too bad for my first time.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back