Master/slave Cylinder,Ok to drive???

trw0042

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As alot of you know i have been on here lately getting familiar with the clutch upgrade kits with all your help as i kept suffering from the common plastic cylinder problems. But i have a question as i drive on my stock set up for the time being as my long awaited Paycheck is finally coming this friday so i can buy my clutch kit!
My question is my truck is my daily driver and i kind of need to drive it and it will take a bit to order the clutch up and get it on so am i ok to drive my truck even though my clutch pedal is sqeaking when i push it in? Everytime this squeak has happened in the past its a slave/master cylinder and assume it is again. Once the clutch sqeaks is it bad to drive it or am i ok for another week until i get my centerforce and upgraded cylinders on there? I dont want to harm my truck at all and really dont want to end up on the side of the road? So if this is a bad idea continue to drive it or if it will lead to me breaking down please warn me now! Thanks guys

Any help would be very appreciated

05' red reg cab, bb triflo exhaust/hi flow cats, xmetal software upgrade, ka cai,

trw0042 said:
As alot of you know i have been on here lately getting familiar with the clutch upgrade kits with all your help as i kept suffering from the common plastic cylinder problems. But i have a question as i drive on my stock set up for the time being as my long awaited Paycheck is finally coming this friday so i can buy my clutch kit!
My question is my truck is my daily driver and i kind of need to drive it and it will take a bit to order the clutch up and get it on so am i ok to drive my truck even though my clutch pedal is sqeaking when i push it in? Everytime this squeak has happened in the past its a slave/master cylinder and assume it is again. Once the clutch sqeaks is it bad to drive it or am i ok for another week until i get my centerforce and upgraded cylinders on there? I dont want to harm my truck at all and really dont want to end up on the side of the road? So if this is a bad idea continue to drive it or if it will lead to me breaking down please warn me now! Thanks guys

Any help would be very appreciated

05' red reg cab, bb triflo exhaust/hi flow cats, xmetal software upgrade, ka cai,

If your not smelling any burning or having difficulty putting it into gear you should be OK!! Just drive it like a little old lady!!:p

what he said....... it will just slowly get worse, harder to get into gear..... the sooner you change those cylinders over to viper - the better off you'll be....:)

thanks guys i will try not to drive it but if i do i will be gentle haha

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back