Master Slave Cylinder

trw0042

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only 2500 miles on my 2005 reg cab 6 speed. I heard a sqeek in the clutch peddle so took it in to be looked at. Turns out its the famous master slave cylinder problem. When dodge replaces it under warranty is it just being replaced with the same part that doesnt hold up? So unless i upgrade my slave cylinder i can expect this to go out every 2500 miles? Its being covered under warranty for now but if it wasnt what would this cost me for the stock part? Also how long do the aftermarket ones hold up when used with a better clutch?

Does this mean my clutch is on its way out to at only 2500 miles?

Thanks for your help

Doesnt mean your clutch is going out but if you drove it for awhile it could have lead to greater wear.

I had to replaced the stock Master/Slave at 4500 miles twice!! +- 100 miles ;)

First time I did it under warranty, the second time, I just said WTF and upgraded everything.

My Viper tech is pretty awesome about doing warranty work on my modded truck but couldnt do "warranty labor" unless it was done with OEM replacement parts. You may get your tech to do the labor for free if you supply upgraded parts but I doubt it.

In summary....yes, you can count on replacing the master/slave units on a regular basis and the clutch very early.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back