Matching grilles installed

A few I saw for you if interested.......Not sure how the prices compare but they are already black so no painting if that matters....

I talked to Matt over there and the precut ones go over top of the factory grill as opposed to replacing them, just an fyi. If you want it to look like mine, you will have to get the 12x48 sheet and cut it into 4 for now.

For only $39, this is probably an easier route for me to take. I'm only a novice painter... any tips on how to get the black to stick and look good? I'd prefer the easy rattle-can stuff, but does anyone have a particular brand they like?

I'm just going to take them to a body shop, and have them prime and paint. Although, the can application would probably be fairly durable.

I spoke with him via email today also, he reitertated the same thing (goes over the existing grill) so I have asked him to cut 1 of the powder coated ones that he has in stock and ship me the piece set that replaces the inserts, not covers them...

I talked to Matt over there and the precut ones go over top of the factory grill as opposed to replacing them, just an fyi. If you want it to look like mine, you will have to get the 12x48 sheet and cut it into 4 for now.

Well that's just jacked up. Sounds like a waste of my $50. :mad:

Big thanks to the OP for finding these.CAM00363.jpg

CAM00364.jpg

CAM00368.jpg

I had the company cut down the sheet to make 4 satin sections. I watched V1R's vid on removing the old ones and all I needed was an afternoon, zip ties , Meguire's Ultimate Black for the air dams, and medical scissors for trimming the aluminum pieces.
All in total it was around $80 , which includes the SRT emblem , and it wasn't difficult at all to do... and the diamond pattern seems factory correct to me...

I got the pre-cut sections for the '06 from that company. They came in silver and barely fit the opening so I'll have to see what I can do with them. Not exactly the easy replacement I had hoped for. MOD(S)QUAD yours look great! Do you have a link to that video?

I am not going to use the kit made for the '06 that I got from the company the OP ordered from. It's brand new, includes pre-cut metal mesh for the four upper grille openings plus two pre-cut metal mesh pieces for the lower grille on a standard Ram. Free to a good home, just PM me.

As a matter of fact, I'm ordering the one you found on eBay! I like that it already has the mounting tabs, none of the zip-tie craziness that other grilles want you to use.

Cool, hope it works out, will wait for pics!!!!! Shows how much time I spend on this computer.............

As a matter of fact, I'm ordering the one you found on eBay! I like that it already has the mounting tabs, none of the zip-tie craziness that other grilles want you to use.

Which one was that? OEM honeycomb style?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back