Maui is in the house.....need a battery dudes!

mauiSRT/10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know I have been MIA for awhile but its not like I sold my truck!!!!:D

Went to pull out the hotrod truck for a show and my stock battery after 6 years has finally died on me. Imagine that! LOL:dontknow:

So after using the search button I have found that diehard and optimas are the main choices. Not even sure if there is a store on Maui that sells Optimas. But we do have sears and napa. I like the sears warranty and have never heard anything good about napa brands, so it looks like a diehard for me. What model are you guys buying? I also tend to park my truck for weeks or a month at a time before driving it again. I dont have power at my warehouse so a battery tender is not an option. Should I just disconnect the negative terminal when not driving the truck or what?

Thanks dudes...........

Over the years (at least 10) for my riding mower, 3 motorcycles, and of couse my 10, this is the only item I have ever used. Motorcycle Consumer News, (which accepts no advertisement money) always rated this brand one of the best. I also have been buying replacement batteries from Sears for 30yrs and have always been satisfied.
http://batterytender.com/ Navigate the site for a bit, it's chock full of info. (if you click on the "2010 catalog", the first item, 12 volt tender, are the ones I'm most familiar with, and have three in the garage). I have always paid some where between 40 and fifty dollars at car show, or bike shows.

Last edited:
My battery just took a crap last week. Went with a Optima yellow top. Advanced Auto Parts and Batteries Plus, sells them down here. But, the top of the line Diehards are also pretty good.

I'd go with the Diehard before NAPA. Here's a link for a solar powered battery tender. They also offer a lower priced model with a 5 watt solar panel.

http://www.batteryminders.com/batte...troller-Desulfator-12-Volt-with--p-16140.html

If a solar tender won't work for you and depending on storage time/intervals, you may have to pull the battery and store it at a location with power and use a standard AC powered tender.

hey patrick, nice to hear from ya'....is that the original battery that finally gave up? replaced mine last year with a optima red-top.

I can tell mine is going. I'm gonna look at the Optimas as well. We used them alot back in my car audio days.

I put a Battery in the Wolf last month, Went with the Duralast Gold from Autozone. It had Bigger Numbers then the Optima for less money.

Only bad thing about it is the Yellow Top... Painted that yellow top Red today.. :)

Interstate battery MTP-65. 1000 ca 850 cca. Best battery I have used. Also put them in alot of work trucks. This one will last you another 6yrs:p
http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_estore/content/product_info/auto_interstate_f.asp
IMO optima are overpriced but a good tracking battery. But for practical use and more cranks(daily driver) Interstate is very dependable. Out here we need batteries that can withstand 20 + below (you obviously dont have that problem:aetsch: :D ) ALso get them at sears:elefant:

Good info, thanks guys. Went to sears and got the big daddy platinum series. 4 year free replacement and another 4 year prorated warranty. Works for me. Was $200......ouch!

Also picked up a craftsman torque wrench. They were on sale and I needed one. I have been on a mission this year acquiring craftsman tools.....all on sale!:D

mauiSRT/10 said:
Good info, thanks guys. Went to sears and got the big daddy platinum series. 4 year free replacement and another 4 year prorated warranty. Works for me. Was $200......ouch!

Also picked up a craftsman torque wrench. They were on sale and I needed one. I have been on a mission this year acquiring craftsman tools.....all on sale!:D
what up sunshine buddy!

hey man , hollar at some of us around thanksgiving and christmas , sears allways over hear has those 50% off black friday deals , and alot of the ladies swarm out at 4 am to get the dealeos LOLOL

hope all is well with ya my man, and hope the tang is still flyin!!:burnout:

I think i need a new battery too. It always has corrosion ill clean it, a week or two later it has it again. I only drive it maybe once every two weeks. Any ideas?

REPOMAN1 said:
I think i need a new battery too. It always has corrosion ill clean it, a week or two later it has it again. I only drive it maybe once every two weeks. Any ideas?

Check the top of the battery right under the Neg Terminal, Bet there is a very small crack in it... Mine was doing the exact same thing and that is waht was wrong... :)

Da1Chief said:
Check the top of the battery right under the Neg Terminal, Bet there is a very small crack in it... Mine was doing the exact same thing and that is waht was wrong... :)
Cool im gonna check that out. Thanks

Hey Maui, sorry I did not see ur post earlier, standard motors sells optimas, I got the yellow top, and on tools, craftsman are good but snap on's are great!
If you ever need to "borrow" something I have a vast collection..
Joe.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back