May have to let her go :'( .. Wonder what the value is

Azmal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I -never- thought I would have to say this... but I think I may need to let my truck go. It makes me sick when I think of all the mods I've done and the intentions I had for show but its like, theres just a chain reaction of BS that keeps costing me money and every time I trust someone I get screwed. But for whatever reason, I'm wondering what the value would be... Its hard for me to even guess because I've put in easily over 20K, probably much more. Theres close to 24K miles and some scratches here and there but nothing major.... Its super custom so I dont even know if it will sell at a reasonable price. I've thought about selling off the speaker fab in the bed since it would fit in any dodge ram (the srt logos can be redone). I'm delusioned though, I know I'm automatically going to lose big.

I haven't been around much for a while so those who haven't seen my truck can visit the website in my sig for details.

Any ideas?

I'm not decided on selling just yet but its looking more and more like I'll have to. Maybe if I could sell the custom audio fab I'd be better off. I dunno, I'm still looking at all my options. 10MPG and the oil changes will kill me with my current financial status though.

Here's my suggestion:

IF you really need to sell it.. sell the speaker fab seperate.. sell everything you can
and get it back down to stock or as close to stock as you can.. you won't loose as
much.. i guarentee it.. However, i would suggest that you just park it.. if you have
a garage park it there.. if not.. get an all weather car cover.. that way you
don't have to keep spending cash on it but rather have it as a "sunday" driver if
you will.. i just couldn't imagine parting with my SRT-10.. Sending some of my luck
your way brother.. Hope things get better for you man..

Sharpi

I thought you were busy running your new stereo store after suing that guy into oblivion.

Sorry to hear about the possible sale.

I agree with Sharpimage, IF YOU MUST sell strip it back down to or as close to stock as possible. You should make out better if you part out and sell seperately. Hope everything works out for you!

Hmm thats probably pretty good advice. Selling my truck is the last resort, but parting out with some of the addon stuff isn't. I think I'll sell off the speakers in my bed first. It'll be a start... Anyone have even a clue as to what it may go for? About $11,000 went into the back including the electronics at cost.

How much "wear" does the electronics have? how long have you been using them. Does it get played on a daily basis? If so how many miles are on your truck since its been in? Warranty remaining? I'm kinda interested, seeing how that is one INSANE stereo you have there. But no idea on how to establish a price for used stereo equipment.

If you get it close to stock, you may get a good idea from Kelly Blue Book.

Select Year, Make and Model then click "go". Choose one of the following options: Trade-In Value, Private Party Value or Suggested Retail Value, then you can choose SRT-10.

http://www.kbb.com/kbb/UsedCars/default.aspx

Hopefully you an keep it, or at least sell the mods separately. Good luck, times are rough out there right now :(

Last edited:
Lets see, I'd say I have at least 18K miles since I put it in, but at least 85% of my miles, are from long straight trips back and forth between AZ, TN and Central Texas and Houston. And no repetitive trips to work because I've always worked where I lived. I wouldn't even factor miles in because its more like cargo that goes boom boom. And sadly enough, the play time/wear time on the equipment has been nearly nothing. Why? Mainly because the wiring in the cab got all sorts of f'ed up and I had to unhook EVERYTHING, and I FINALLY got it ALL worked out and I'll be damned if my head unit didn't go dead. So of the year or two I've had it, I've been able to even listen to music for maybe, maybe, 80% of the time. And of that time I've blasted it out for friends a number of times and it sounds great. Much fun sitting on the tail gate and also tossing a ballcap on the tonneau cover and watch it dance lol. Most of the time I had it turned off because its built for show and its overkill for normal cruising. I had some subs put in my cab too but I'm hanging on to those. (not to mention the 3 speakers in each door)

Hmm What else... theres basically... 5 big sections; the two sub enclosures on either side, the video screen housing which also hides the 2 batteries (also included of course.) then the amp housing/base, then the part at the far back with the 2 speakers and plexi glass stuff. There are some other pieces too but thats the main parts.

To hook it up should be easy enough; I'll provide photos and/or video of me taking it out and you can reverse the process. to wire it in will require the thick power cable which hooks up to the truck battery and you'll have to wire the signal cables from the head unit (of which I would suggest an audio tech's help if you've never done this sort of thing before) and then theres one more wire which you can mount in your cab anywhere, its for a relay switch to turn it on or off.

park it ---ride a bike if you have to ---you have a lot of you invested in it ---don't give up ---it will work out

05QCViper said:
park it ---ride a bike if you have to ---you have a lot of you invested in it ---don't give up ---it will work out

What he said -- it makes me ill to think you have to let this beauty go! Things have a way of working out somehow. I sincerely hope you do not have to sell it bro!

Azmal, I agree with the rest.. you need to keep this truck if you can. Get an economical beater/motorcycle and store the truck for a while if it comes down to it. You've done so much to it and to see all that work go away is just a shame.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back