maybe buying, shocked by insurance

snampro

Reaction score
I'm considering buying a new '06 SRT-10 RC this weekend and I was shocked by my insurance quote. I pay about $60/mont for my VIPER, but this truck would run $155/month, and it would be $122/month for an RC SLT with a V8.

Is this consistent with what you guys are seeing?

this is more than I have ever paid on any vehicle, including my 2004 Vette that I bought brand new and had the same sticker price.

Thanks for the help.

weird...I pay about 50/month for 100/300 coverage & 250 deduct.

Shop around..im w/ allstate.

Also, go off the Vin number when you get a quote..it sometimes clarifies things.

thanks for the info, I'm working on getting the VIN now.

My SRT Ram is $450 for 6 months...the GTS I had was 800 for 6 months for the same coverage. When looking at about 6 different insurance companies shelter was by far the cheapest. Not sure if others consider your credit score number but they do.

Mine would work out to about $1,100/year. Age makes a difference as well as your driving record, but the area in which you live can have an impact as well.

I withdrawl mine from use for the Winter, so that saves me a nice chunk of change. Don't drive it in the crappy weather anyway.

The incredible fact that the insurance fully covering an SRT-10 was actually less than the Dodge 4X4 I used to have played a large role in my decision to buy. I was 33 when I made the purchase with an excellent driving record (since I wasn't caught). But then again I believe these trucks were considered mere 4x2 regular 1500 trucks back then. I dunno that's just what I thought. I'd shop around for sure.

Last edited:
Seems a little high... for me here in California they worry about weight and size of engine... the 8.3/liters is in your vin#, my Ins. man told me she had 8.3/liters.

Quick

I pay $850/yr for both my trucks (the SRT and the 4X4).That's with one crash,two reckless driving,and one failure to stop (bogus,but couldn't beat it).Guess I am doing pretty good.Also have my house with them,I am 41,and I have great credit.That all helps.

i pay $80.00 a month for the srt and $123.00 for my 4X4..why the 4X4 is less is a good question. if you can just give them a VIN #, it will show up as a standard ram 1500 and they will charge you accordingly!

If your intended usage will allow, check out Hagerty. I was able to insure it as an exotic, $60K agreed value policy for about $1100/yr.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back