McGard lugs anyone using them?

blazinsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my factory lugs are junk and falling apart. I bought a full set of these from my local custom truck shop. They are McGard 64008 as their recommended part for the truck. They seem to fit fine just the seat size of the OEM is way bigger has me worried but they appear to make the same contact to the wheel. So I dont know am I over thinking it.

Last edited:
It looks like its not going to center the wheel properly in the hub and you might get a little vibration. I bought a replacement black set off ebay a few months back. Exactly the same size as oem.

It looks like its not going to center the wheel properly in the hub and you might get a little vibration. I bought a replacement black set off ebay a few months back. Exactly the same size as oem.

I would agree but its still an acorn style lugnut with a 60 degree angle same as stock. I am only concerned that the seat area doesnt flare out as much. Even though the contact area seems to be the same.

I used mcgards before just not on my truck. Let us know how they work out. The stock ones are not the best for keeping up appearances.

Well they fit with no problem and the wheels didn't fall off yet lol... My stock lugs were trashed and I didn't want some cheap ass lugs that were gonna break or strip.

Wtf???? The ones i bought are a little heavier than oem one. A few burn out and high speed runs with zero issues.

Wtf???? The ones i bought are a little heavier than oem one. A few burn out and high speed runs with zero issues.

Good choice on those. I would go that route as well. Not too many options for locks out there.
I contacted McGuard and unfortunately they have no plans to make locks/nuts for our OEM rims. :(

I didn't mean you bought cheap ass lugs it was generalized statement. Don't be so sensitive lol.I have had no issues with the Mcgards I bought they seem to fit fine although I am concerned about fitment being that the truck has 500HP. Next choice on my list was Gorilla lug nuts they have an acorn bulge which might work out well.

I sure hope to not end up like that other guy, that sucks!!! I think someone was trying to steal his wheels or something for that to happen.

I didn't mean you bought cheap ass lugs it was generalized statement. Don't be so sensitive lol.I have had no issues with the Mcgards I bought they seem to fit fine although I am concerned about fitment being that the truck has 500HP. Next choice on my list was Gorilla lug nuts they have an acorn bulge which might work out well.

I sure hope to not end up like that other guy, that sucks!!! I think someone was trying to steal his wheels or something for that to happen.

Ha. It wasnt that serious. I was just trying to help out and save people money sometimes . I've tried many things with these trucks.

Gorilla nuts here. they have the correct nuts for our wheels. they look like OEM.:rock::rock::rock:

I remember a Night Runner loooosing a wheel with gorilla nuts, so you might want to check them periodically

I remember a Night Runner loooosing a wheel with gorilla nuts, so you might want to check them periodically

& there was a close call on someone else. the first ones were not for our wheels, not enough cone fore the alloy wheels.

the lug nuts they have now are made for oue wheels. look better than OEM, IMVHO.

think you can get them in black also

What ones did you get dude? I have a local tire shop trying to to hold me up for a set and I am like, hell no, I'll source my own.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back