Mechanic to Inspect future purchase

CaptSmee

Reaction score
I am going to be flying into Houston to check out a 10 and I want to take the truck to a mechanic to have it looked at. Does anybody have any recommendations? Please and thank you.

- CaptSmee

If you are able to I can go with you on the 19th or 20th as long as its early say 9 am .I have to leave for work around 12pm to get in on time .

Early on the 19th sounds great. That is when the seller and I plan on meeting up. I would really appreciate it!

Early on the 19th sounds great. That is when the seller and I plan on meeting up. I would really appreciate it!

Get your post count up to 50+ so I can P.M. you .Are you buying it from anyone on this forum or a dealer . Can you tell me who your getting it from .I know a few guys here that are not on this forum that's why I ask .
Plus if you give me contact info I can go look at it before hand too on a day I have off to give it a real good look .If you don't want to post it here you can email me at [email protected]

Last edited:
Get your post count up to 50+ so I can P.M. you .Are you buying it from anyone on this forum or a dealer . Can you tell me who your getting it from .I know a few guys here that are not on this forum that's why I ask .
Plus if you give me contact info I can go look at it before hand too on a day I have off to give it a real good look .If you don't want to post it here you can email me at [email protected]

I am going to email you.

Just got back from checking out your truck .

I emailed you so call me at that number .

One clean 06 with 14000 on it .You wont be disappointed in it .Clean from front to back and un-molested .One hundred percent fully stock .

Many on this site will bad mouth a garage queen .But its the only ones to buy if you ask me .

Not to mention it is a Black R/C that Is black and not pearl black .

Zero road rash on rims also ,new tires super clean Interior .

And John is a stand up guy who took care of this truck .Had nothing but dealership do the service work on it :rock:

One clean 06 with 14000 on it .You wont be disappointed in it .Clean from front to back and un-molested .One hundred percent fully stock .

Many on this site will bad mouth a garage queen .But its the only ones to buy if you ask me .

And John is a stand up guy who took care of this truck .Had nothing but dealership do the service work on it :rock:

That is great!

WOW! A plain black 06 RC!! There wasn't many that wasn't brilliant black in 06!! Nice find..

Great you could check it out for the guy James! Hopefully he buys it...:rock:

WOW! A plain black 06 RC!! There wasn't many that wasn't brilliant black in 06!! Nice find..

Great you could check it out for the guy James! Hopefully he buys it...:rock:

I asked owner if he knew how rare it was being pure black .He had no idea .;)

I asked owner if he knew how rare it was being pure black .He had no idea .;)

Hopefully you didn't drive the cost up for the guy..:chain:LOL!!

I'm still waiting for one of the VERY few RED 06 RC's to pop up!:D

I almost bought a plain black 06 before my current 04 but it had 90k miles on it and was the same price.

Hopefully you didn't drive the cost up for the guy..:chain:LOL!!

I'm still waiting for one of the VERY few RED 06 RC's to pop up!:D

LOL I walked up to truck and said WOW .He looked at me and said what's wrong :D
Lucky for Matt he put a deposit down and already agreed to a price .
If Matt decides not to buy it I may just have to cram two trucks in my garage . AGAIN lol

Last edited:
James I cant thank you enough! Made my day reading you email and now the responses on here. Yes I was smart enough to have him in a binding contract on the truck, I felt something special about this one I am not going to lie, so I put down a deposit before I went offshore to work.

June 19th the truck will be mine! Pictures to come soon after.

Can not wait to officially be a true member of VTCoA!:rock::rock::rock:

Hey James, or anybody else for that matter, is the jet black an option?

Im trying to look up the color online but am not getting anything. Would it have anything to do with being a night runner edition? :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back