medical alert tatoo ideas

Smokey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
as the name impliese, i am looking for some help in diesgning a medical tatoo. I am a type one diabetic. found some of these i like, but have no real drawing talent :p i really like the first one, as for the location, left side of my chest.

Attachments

• P5020122.jpg
    P5020122.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 3,546
  • tattoo.jpg
    tattoo.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 16,587
  • tattoo13.jpg
    tattoo13.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 13,392
  • tattoo9.jpg
    tattoo9.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 4,783
Brother, I'd imagine that those guys have them on their forearms for a reason.

Maybe that's the most visable area to the paramedics/EMTs.....?

I'd be talking to a tat artist if I were you......

Good idea........

D

Django said:

Good idea........

D

i dont want it on my wrist for job purposes, its still a tatoo, so i'd have to cover it up anyways.

the reason for my chest, is that if the emt's are called, the shirt is coming off anyways, and i can still wear short sleeves.(mom is emt trained, and gave me the idea).

we have some very talanted people here at im hopeing for outside ideas:D

If you want the tattoo then get it where ever you like it...but if you actually think that somebody is going to take your shirt off to find out if you have DM then from experience I can tell you it will be a waste of money. I am a career FF/ Paramedic and also Diabetic. We do occasionally expose people, but it is certainly not the norm. Even if somebody does expose you it is not for the reason of looking for or at tattoos! Don't make it harder than it needs to be...get the bracelet and call it done. Having said that if you want the tattoo then get it but get it for a good reason, not because you think it will save your life. I would assume that any department protocols state that an unresponsive person will get a glucose check. Good luck.

if your really worried you could do both. i would not get a tatoo like that. what if they find a cure next year? going to lazer it off?

HDGMC said:
If you want the tattoo then get it where ever you like it...but if you actually think that somebody is going to take your shirt off to find out if you have DM then from experience I can tell you it will be a waste of money. I am a career FF/ Paramedic and also Diabetic. We do occasionally expose people, but it is certainly not the norm. Even if somebody does expose you it is not for the reason of looking for or at tattoos! Don't make it harder than it needs to be...get the bracelet and call it done. Having said that if you want the tattoo then get it but get it for a good reason, not because you think it will save your life. I would assume that any department protocols state that an unresponsive person will get a glucose check. Good luck.

i figured as a alternative to "jewlery" i still am a mechanic, so it has to come off anyways. its not really for a low bloodsugar type of emergency, but something else, i am actively involved in on and off road raceing.

Smokey said:
i figured as a alternative to "jewlery" i still am a mechanic, so it has to come off anyways. its not really for a low bloodsugar type of emergency, but something else, i am actively involved in on and off road raceing.
I think the tatoo is a smart idea, especially for people in your line of work. This is something that could end up being a trend, and paramedics should start checking wrists for them, the location should be a given area for them to search...imo

Psycho Mythic said:
I think the tatoo is a smart idea, especially for people in your line of work. This is something that could end up being a trend, and paramedics should start checking wrists for them, the location should be a given area for them to search...imo

exactly :D

Good idea........

D

I have a medical alert tat on my forearm.
I am allergic to Morphine and have been told that another exposure will kill me (I flat lined the last time) I hate wearing bracelets and am worried that it will come off in an accident when I need it most. Paramedics are trained to check wrists and necks for medical alert bracelets and necklaces I really hope they will notice my straight forward tattoo so I can get the medical attention I need.
They do not look on your chest for tattoo so I think it is pointless to get it anywhere other then where they would look. If you want it just for show and not to save your life then go for it...

he did make a good point however.... LOL

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back