Mercedes Maint question

wheredwhogo?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been looking around and I think I have decided that if I buy a car, I am going with the CLS 63 AMG. Does anybody know the reliability of these machines or Mercedes products? For example, a 2004 Bentley GT single rotor is $500, and if the starter goes out, you have to pull the engine and remove the right side turbo! So you see what I am getting at, I understand things are going to fail and need service, but its just nice to know these things before you dive in. If all else fails, I may test drive the CTS V. Thanks guys.

nycstev said:

HA! And loooook who all those threads were started by! lol :D :D :D

I would guess the 6.3 V8 (really 6.2L, but who's counting :rolleyes: ;) ) would be a real expensive service bill, if you took it to the dealer for work.

I would sign up on a MB site and ask who has one, Then google a parts list with prices, If it has a high price tag from the factory Then 9 out of 10 times the repair bills are not cheap. My friend has a audi with a tt motor not sure which model car but He said if one of his turbos goes up then he has to pull the motor out. Food for thought

Black1 said:
HA! And loooook who all those threads were started by! lol :D :D :D

I would guess the 6.3 V8 (really 6.2L, but who's counting :rolleyes: ;) ) would be a real expensive service bill, if you took it to the dealer for work.

:D :D :D :D :D just tryin to find out all I can....:marchmellow:

MB has a few services that have to be performed at a MB dealer to keep warranties intact. Be ready to spend $200 to $300 for a basic oil change even though they say they inspect other things. My Scheduled B service last time was an oil change and new brake fluid with a cost of over $600.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back