Message for Trainman (and other 1/4 milers)

BigRed460 said:
removed:
Spare tire, jack, and tools
Sub and amps
passenger seat
center seat
a buch of the dash just pops right off, I though about taking it all the way out...
air bags
radio
mirriors
over head thingy
sun visors
a&b pillars
rear crash bar? I don't what it's called but it looks almost like a reciver hitch.
front tire swaped for 2 spares
my tranny rebuild saved around 8 lbs
wipers and motors
washer fluid bottle
door panels
and door and rear speakers

Two people did that in about an hour, anything that looked like it was lose we took off...
geeez.... the list for parts left on would be shorter. ;) :D

Zack.

I've got a set of MH drag radials that are yours to break the 12's on........ A few passes shouldn't hurt them that much and the way my luck is going I won't get mine to the track in the near future.

You'd have to pick them up in Katy from my wife.

All that off and it still weighed in at 4900 lbs????

I would bet it is more like 4700. My truck weighed in at 5100 lbs with me and all the other shit in it!!!

Marc T said:
All that off and it still weighed in at 4900 lbs????

I would bet it is more like 4700. My truck weighed in at 5100 lbs with me and all the other shit in it!!!

Sealy doesn't have a scale, only the baytown track does. That was just a guess...

BigRed460 said:
Here is the story of how BigRed almost stole the N/A record ...

A few weeks ago my clutch wore out, I want to try something differnt but I really didn't have any extra $$ at the time. I see a post for a toasted fidanza and a new F1 blade style clutch(CHEAP.) I bought it from Hiss and rebuilt the flywheel, and put it all in. While I was doing this I decied to gut the cats, and remove anything extra on the truck. The first trip to the track was on street tires and I managed 12.5(100+ degrees out side). I couldn't afford DR so I found some G-force KDW's for the back, and I have 2 spares for the front.

So yesterday I went for it, I basicly gutted my truck and headed out to sealy for a private track day. The race weight had to be near 4900lbs, weather was hot and I had a head wind. The time slip is below (car 1001, left lane)...

The only two mods I added were the flywheel and gutted cats, so coming from a person that actuly races the aluminum flywheel saves a huge amount of time off your e.t. I slipped the clutch worse than a normaly do launching and it still seems to be fine, it didn't "toast it" after a pass like some people on here seem to think.

So trainman stick your light weight flywheel back in and lets see a n/a 11!!!!

I may have a video later...
this is why i love my fidanza, great for the track !!!! :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back