Mice ate my truck!

JapanAaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got home from Japan on Friday. Went to check my truck on Saturday and the mice have eaten my truck!!! They ate the firewall heat shielding, the spark plug wire boots and pissed/crapped all over the truck. :mad: Luckily they didn't get into the interior and truck runs great. My 69 GTO was not as fortunate. The mice totally ate the entire interior (headliner, seats, dash wiring, carpet, door panels). Anybody know of a part # for some aftermarket plug wires for the SRT-10 (i.e. MSD, Accel)? Has anybody had the door window weatherstripping replaced? what price?

Last edited:
JapanAaron said:
Just got home from Japan on Friday. Went to check my truck on Saturday and the mice have eaten my truck!!! They ate the firewall heat shielding, the spark plug wire boots and pissed/crapped all over the truck. :mad: Luckily they didn't get into the interior and truck runs great. My 69 GTO was not as fortunate. The mice totally ate the entire interior (headliner, seats, dash wiring, carpet, door panels). Anybody know of a part # for some aftermarket plug wires for the SRT-10 (i.e. MSD, Accel)? Has anybody had the door window weatherstripping replaced? what price?

Unfortunately I do not know the answers to any of your questions, but this sucks big time. Really sorry to hear the bad news.

Best of luck getting her back together and being able to enjoy her before you head back.

JapanAaron said:

Man that sucks...same thing happened to my 69 Camaro once. MSD makes spark plug wires, I have them on my truck, but I do not know the part number. You can get them form one of our vendors, or Summit Racing. Might be time to call the insurance guy and let them pay for it...replacing the spark pug wires is a real drag, you have to remove the intake maniflod to do it...

MSD has wires, and the best price I found was Jeggs but you have toa call them and give them the part #, I'll get it in a little, or if you need a set of stockers, I think I have a set if ya want to pay for shipping, just let me know bro,

MSD part # 32059 MSD Red and they are a pain to replace, best thing is to remove the intake , and yes the intake gasket is reusable:D

FWIW, I had a slight mouse problem a few years back, though not nearly as bad as what you are saying.

Anyway, I bought mouse traps and moth balls - spread them all around the inside of the garage. I heard mice don't care for moth balls, though I have no real proof either way, but it certainly can't hurt.

Also, I use the regular mouse traps w/ a bit of peanut butter. Seems a bit cleaner to me. Those glue traps can make a real mess if the mouse thrashes around after he gets stuck.

Hope it isn't too hard to get your cars fixed back up!:)

JapanAaron said:

Moth balls.....put them where you want to keep the critters out....really works...:):)

Walt

Dude where do you park your rides? In the NYC subway system? That's just crazy man I'm sorry to see that happen. At least she runs great still. I'm sure you will be able to replace/repair those parts. Make sure you have traps set about the truck next time. Peace.

Damn bro that really sucks. Boomer maybe able to help you out on some aftermarket wires.

Damn Aaron. That sucks big time. You need someone you can trust to check on your ride from time to time. Good luck getting things fixed.

Smoke

Nowwhat said:
Sorry man......time to get a cat...........:D
Or some poison - D-Con Rat and mouse bait works great.. :D

same thing happend to my vette. I let it sit through the winter about 4 months. And sure enough mice built a nest under the plastic ls1 vaule covers. Inside the car, built a nest under the drivers seat, which i dont know how the hell they got in. Now the car is having slight eletrical problems, im thinking one of those bastards chewed on a wire somewhere :(

Viper7777 said:
Inside the car, built a nest under the drivers seat, which i dont know how the hell they got in. :(

My guess would be through the vents - they are determined little bastards!

That is totaly screwed up :dontknow: . You might want to buy one of those storage bubbles that they store the collector cars in. I heard that they weren't that expensive. :idea:

LMAO they probally chew through that bubble. Seems like mice can chew through steel if they wanted to.

In my case i think what happend, is i would drive the car about once every month, to start it up, I would drive it for a few miles then park it again. Well after one of those drives, the motor was of normal temp. So i park it and along comes a mouse, who feels the heat of the car, decides to investagate, and finds club med in my engine. After the motor cooled down they froze there little nutz off. So they decided to move deeper in the car there for under my seat.

I can only imagine this was there little plan. Unfortuanlly no garage for me yet im working on it.

I had a problem with rats getting into my basement. I would use poisen pellets, but then they stink to high hell until you find the corpse inside a wall or wherever and remove it. They seem to die in the most unaccessible areas, the bastards. Anyway, I couldn't imagine coming home ofter months and finding MANY stinky copses. Even if they didn't get to the truck, the smell surely would. And remember, when they die from poison, their last dying act is to puke up a LOT of blood. Think what would happen to your interior if they died on a seat.
What I have found is best it to get a little gadget they sell at the local hardware store. It plugs into any outlet and emits two alternating high frequency noises that the little vermin can't stand and you cannot hear. It is not enough to drive them out of a nest they have created, but it is enough to keep them out of a new space. Just make sure there are no nests in your storage space, and plug this little thing in. Tadah!! No new pests when you come back.
I can get the brand and model of the one I use if you are interested.

Greg

This thread sounds like variations on a theme:

Frank Zappa- "Weasels Ripped my Flesh"........ 70's

Hang on .... I got an old copy of "Lumpy Gravy" here somewhere... ah yes..!

SD

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back