Military Career Progression

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I would share with you guys my recent success. I recently recieved news I made my next rank in the Air Force, Technical Sergeant. While with VTCOA I have climbed from E-2 to E-6. From a trench digging, cable toting, antenna climber to the Shift Lead Supervisor and now Crew-Chief of the Governement Network Operations Center in D.C., providing direct communication support for the President on Air Force 1.

Because I made SSgt so quickly, 96.62% of all that tested had more time in service and more time in grade, as well as additional experience from 5-8 more years studying and testing, more deployments, more medals giving them all more points towards promotion. This year 5654 SSgt's were promoted to TSgt. Of those, 594 tested in my career field and only 89 made it. The toughest year to make it in over 5 years due to cuts at 15%, Promotion rate.

I scored equal to or higher than 98.65% on my PDG and higher than 95.45% on my SKT in spite of everything working against me. Top 3% when I made SSgt, Top 2% for TSgt. Before this enlistment is up, I will have the opportunity to be one of the very few 9 year E-7 MSgt's.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Few things in life are as satisfying as career advancement, and it sounds like you have plenty to be proud about.

Congratulations indeed and a well done service to our country. I was also in the Air Force (seems like a lifetime ago now) but enjoyed every bit of it...so I guess I was doing something right. Why not go for CMSGT of the Air Force..think I read the pay is something like $7600 a month plus allowances and privileges of such.

Congrats..I thought something happen to you...glad to hear your doing good..do you still have your truck?

I thought u were gonna spray it

I gathered a bunch of parts but never installed it. Sold most of them. I put my wife back in college full time for her second degree only a few weeks after adopting her mom who doesnt have insurance or income of any kind. Bought my first house in November as well. Im getting by comfortable right now, however extra coin isnt going to the truck, its going to things I can get a return of investement.

Wife graduates October of next year with a pretty fat pay raise and guaranteed immediate employment. Sugar mamma gave me the go-ahead to either pull the engine at that time for a full build (forged, head/cam, procharger) or sell it and get a viper. The later interest me more. After 5 years of owning 2 Srt-10's... im just getting bored with it and the community drama.

Congratulations. It's nice hearing about people who work hard and succeed. To many times all you hear is how someone THINKS that they are deserving but never realize the real commitment and work it takes to succeed. Job well done!!

Congratulations Jeff. Sounds like you have been working hard to achieve well.

And thanks for your service.

PS does this mean you can get us all free cable????

If you think the drama here is bad, wait until you've spent some time with the Viper crew...

congrats:rock::rock::rock::rock:

can ya become an officer if ya get the highest grade???

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back