Mineral grey trucks that have powder coated their rims gunmetal or a grey color...

drumline99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I get the paint brand/color/code of what you used and a picture of what the rims look like on the truck? I've been looking at color samples and all the grey looking colors are starting to look the same. I really don't know which way to go.
Thanks!

I think that black satin would be the better choice. I photo shopped nightrunner rims on a mineral grey and it became to much of the same thing.
with black rims there is contrast. Feel free to take a look in my garage; there is one picture of my SRT in winter setup. The winter rims are oem SRT rims in satin black. (since that picture the head lights are nightrunner ones)
For a bolt statement you could try red (same as the 2006 srt badge) and paint the calipers black...
Orange rims would contrast the mineral grey as well...
I'm in the process of changing the color of my summer wheels (also OEM SRT). I thing i will go for polished and then give them a clear coat with a certain (that i still have to figure out) % black in the clear coat. So to say to get a deep polish shine through the blackish clear coat, or something close to that (it's difficult to explain...)

Last edited:
I think that black satin would be the better choice. I photo shopped nightrunner rims on a mineral grey and it became to much of the same thing.
with black rims there is contrast. Feel free to take a look in my garage; there is one picture of my SRT in winter setup. The winter rims are oem SRT rims in satin black. (since that picture the head lights are nightrunner ones)
For a bolt statement you could try red (same as the 2006 srt badge) and paint the calipers black...
Orange rims would contrast the mineral grey as well...
I'm in the process of changing the color of my summer wheels (also OEM SRT). I thing i will go for polished and then give them a clear coat with a certain (that i still have to figure out) % black in the clear coat. So to say to get a deep polish shine through the blackish clear coat, or something close to that (it's difficult to explain...)

The problem with black is that everyone does that to their little racers around here. I don't mind that they blend with the truck, I actually like that look. I'm not crazy enough to go for orange haha. I don't want to stand out that much! But looking forward to seeing your summer wheels. Sounds interesting!

Come on guys...I know you are out there. Looking to get my rims going asap. What brand/color/code are you all using?
Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back