Misfire

eaglebaseball25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well guys i ran into my first problem with the truck, we recently had family over and i'm guessing my little cousin got into my truck and messed with the boosta pump switch on the floor and turned it all the way to "rich", I later got in my truck and went to start it, not realizing he had messed with the switch and the truck started then suddenly died. I looked around and saw what he did!!!! :mad: I readjusted the switch and tried to fire it up again and it just starts then dies, any suggestions of what to do?

Eagle,

You are the second guy I have seen on here from Hobbs. I am gonna be out that way soon. How many 10's are there down there?

-Chris

That shouldn't have made a difference. The boost a pump, only makes sure that fuel pump gets a certain voltage and it'll actually feed it more voltage, to ensure the pressure doesn't drop under boost. But either way, the fuel pressure regulator, won't let it go past 60 psi. Look somewhere else for ur problem, unless the boost a pump just failed completely. What's the fuel pressure when ur cranking it? I'm assuming mark installed a fuel pressure gauge. If he didn't, get one now!! And you'll see the boost a pump is a piece of shit and ur fuel pressure is probably dropping below 50 psi, under boost. The other thing that it sounds like, is a security key issue. Do u have another key u can try?
Either way, I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with turning the know all the way up.
Now, once u get it straightened out. Rip out the boost a pump, and get a twin intank fuel pump set up, from Roe. That'll give u more than enough fuel.

Back