Mod regrets?

No regrets on my mods - see garage. Next are the headers and catback system and JTSVP coil and wires. I thought about not doing the headers myself after taking a close look underneath. BUT someone's quote in their sig keeps going through my mind - its something like, "always try to do what you thing is impossible". I know I can do it with enough time; I just got intimidated. I am definitely going to do it myself because of the pride afterwards!

Get a torch for the header to mid pipe bolts. They are a bitch!

YUP, tried to just unbolt but ended up cutting them off with a torch and replacing with new nuts and bolts.........

I love my sawsall:D and will cut the crap out of everything to get it removed. I plan on replacing the entire exhaust system. On the install, is anti-seize on the thread still used?

I did install JMB catless mids........:rock:

I don't regret any mods... I regret not doing more mods sooner.
I regret not spraying my stock bottom end more nitrous, I think a 350 shot would have put a stock ten into the tens. I sprayed 150 then 200 and finally a 250 and the motor looked awesome when I took it apart.

Last edited:
I regret not spraying my stock bottom end more nitrous, I think a 350 shot would have put a stock ten into the tens. I sprayed 150 then 200 and finally a 250 and the motor looked awesome when I took it apart.

Like I preach, it's all in the tune! PCM and pill wise! You done great!
What tune are you on? 3* retard?

Like I preach, it's all in the tune! PCM and pill wise! You done great!
What tune are you on? 3* retard?

None, just 100% MS109. I'll never get to prove it, but on 109 I think it could have survived. Your correct the key is stopping detention, either through tune, timing or octane. I think a retarded 2*, safe a/f, and on 109 you could make 800+ on the stock bottom end.

Last edited:
Ever since I started looking at owning a 10, I wanted a Volant so bad.... Then I found my truck and it came with one.... Biggest waste ever.... Not that the Volant didn't do the job it did and did it well, I just couldn't stand it. The look, the cheapness, just me no likey.

None, just 100% MS109. I'll never get to prove it, but on 109 I think it could have survived. Your correct the key is stopping detention, either through tune, timing or octane. I think a retarded 2*, safe a/f, and on 109 you could make 800+ on the stock bottom end.

How much are you gonna spray with your new build?

This makes me want to spray the shit out of my truck, but since I'm selling it I won't.

Ever since I started looking at owning a 10, I wanted a Volant so bad.... Then I found my truck and it came with one.... Biggest waste ever.... Not that the Volant didn't do the job it did and did it well, I just couldn't stand it. The look, the cheapness, just me no likey.

The cover on my Volant looks awful. Cheap job on the paint. No happy.:chain:

Plead don't post things like this....it puts ideas in my head....
This makes me want to spray the shit out of my truck, but since I'm selling it I won't.

Sounds like a good reason to spray it to me.....

Quoted with love for ARRESTmeRed04 :D

If I had better tires I would do it!
Cool story, Bro! :D

Recon headlights.....love the look, hate the lack of illumination.....pathetic.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back