mod suggestions

SRT2SLOW

Supporting Member
Reaction score
well i am looking for my next upgrade...i all ready have the sct 93 octane tune from torrie, k&n cai , magnaflow exhaust....what should i do next...bbk tb, wire plugs and coils, or 3 inch from the headers back.....which would be the best bang for the buck....thanks

Replacing the mids is the best bang for the buck mod period. Go with a nice 3" w/ or w/o hf cats.

Although now you are forced to ask yourself if you are every going to go long tubes...Then now would be the time to do both at the same time.

I am replacing my mids right now with catless. I was going back and forth whether to get headers and catless or just catless. The members here seem to think headers and catless are around 25whp gain (give or take 5hp). I also read just catless being good for about 20whp gain. So, headers didn't seem a good financial choice since I am going to keep the motor stock and hit it with a soft shot of nitrous. However, I have been told where headers come into play is when you start going bigger shots, SC, or turbo and need the extra breathing room. Any intake port/polish, new heads, cam upgrade, and the like will benefit from some nice long tube headers. Anyway, that's what I read.
If you want a nice handling upgrade you can call Stinker at JTSVP and get his Energy bushing complete kit. Changes all the rubber bushing to polyurethane bushings. I did it and can't tell you how well the 5000lb beast corners now. Good luck

if you go with headers make sure and go with long tubes. i port matched a set of OEM manifolds to run on my motor till its broke in then stinker gets them. he might sell them if he's not going to use them.

does anyone make a bolt on catless mid pipe or they have to be custom????

also what spark plugs are you guys using???

JMB Justin, a vendor here, can hook you up...i have his mid pipes, and they ROCK. And they bolt right up.

SRT2SLOW said:
does anyone make a bolt on catless mid pipe or they have to be custom????

also what spark plugs are you guys using???

Plenty of vendors here with catless mids that bolt up.

After you get them installed, I highly recommend that you get a custom SCT tune on the dyno.

On my truck the 'bolted on' gain from mids w/HF cats were 9rwhp and 18ft lbs. 8 dynos runs later, 20rwhp and 30ft lbs....and that is from a hack tuner...me :D

I dont recommend moving away from the stock plugs unless you are going to go FI or run NOS. I have yet to see any hp gains from a plug on these engines...for some reason they like the cheaper Champions ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back