Mopar CAI

HDGMC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 RC and was wondering if anybody here could give me the part number for a mopar cold air intake that would fit my truck, not looking for the ram air; just the box, chrome tube, and filter package. Also about how much is it going to cost me? Thanks.

How much does the filter replacement go for anybody? I've had mine for about a year and its looking pretty rough from the cross country and hawaiian lifestyle.:(

T.I.A.!!!:D

KRAZYSRT10 said:
How much does the filter replacement go for anybody? I've had mine for about a year and its looking pretty rough from the cross country and hawaiian lifestyle.:(

T.I.A.!!!:D

Good question Kris.................I have had mine on there for prolly 8k miles and only have blown it clean with a compresser........never used the oiler stuff.

Anybody know what the maitenence is?

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Good question Kris.................I have had mine on there for prolly 8k miles and only have blown it clean with a compresser........never used the oiler stuff.

patrick

I had the Mopar CAI on the SRT8 I had...It recommended cleaning and re-oiling at 15K miles under normal conditions...8K if dusty conditions....you must keep the filter properly oiled for it to work..this is true wit the K&Ns also.............I changed the filter to the AEM dry filter though....dry being you dont oil it....it is also a life time filter but you just clean it. I never liked the oil filters because if you over oil you will coat the sensors in your intake....

mauiSRT/10 said:

patrick

Here's the Mopar part number for the oiling kit: P5153376. Its basically the same maintenance kit that K&N offers, except the filter oil is Mopar blue. I recall the kit's price was around 15 bucks. You can also use K&N's kit but their filter oil is red.

I had a Mopar CAI on my MSRT8. I was told by my local Dodge Dealer, every 15K miles the filter should serviced, or more frequently depending on environment and vehicle use.

And for those looking for a replacement filter element for a Mopar CAI -- forget about going to Mopar. They didn't offer any service parts for the CAI kits, when I was looking at getting a new filter. If you want a replacement filter, you'll have to look at S&B or K&N. AEM also offers filter elements.

has anyone here had a nice custom air intake. I don,t care for any aftermarket ones.

i have a volant cold air intake..... :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

tom gazzano said:
has anyone here had a nice custom air intake. I don,t care for any aftermarket ones.

Yeah...you might say custom..

Picture.jpg

TNVIPER said:

Picture.jpg

:rock: Hard on:marchmellow: I love that set up!

Did it quiet the sound of the blower much? I have JMBs CAI for the ROE, and it toned it down a bit.

TNVIPER said:

Picture.jpg

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET setup !!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back