MOPAR HEADERS INSTALL

68charger

Supporting Member
Reaction score
when installing mopar headers with catless mids do you half to get o2 sims or a tune to stop any prob. codes?

either sims, or programmer to turn them off,

simple sims can be made

stop by the local parts store and pick up two sets of spark plug anti foulers.

you get two to a package.

take on package, remove on , drill it completely out until you can thread the 02 sensor into it and it seats fully, then screw that fouler into the other, then install into exhaust,

or you can try putting them in a plastic bag, zip tying them to the frame, and be called the bagged ten

No issues here. I put the 02's in with no codes or lights. no sims here.

I have sims in my Mopar catless mids now,I was told that you can NOT turn off the rear O2 sensors with a SCT??:dontknow: (not sure if this is true or not)BUT I had my rear sensors in my catless mids for about 8-9k miles before I got any codes popping up using the SCT.

let me tell you from an 8 mth experience,

after you install the headers - CALL Tony JTS, you need mopar extenders from the front o2 sensors " they must be in with no foulers "

have 2 bungs welded into your exhaust - for the rear o2 and put the stock ones back in - then get it tuned from Torrie using the SCT programer

= NO Codes

you can find many post on this forum in the past 9 mth's on o2's and CEL with new header " mopar long tubes and catless mids "

good luck

viper is a mopar header expert ,,,well now he is lol:aetsch:

thanks for the info guys might be a good excuse to get in on that sct gb

68charger said:
thanks for the info guys might be a good excuse to get in on that sct gb

Check this out :) - this is a GREAT deal and Torrie tunes really wake up the SRT10

Ironhead said:
viper is a mopar header expert ,,,well now he is lol

:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:

but NO more CEL for me !!! :D :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back