Mopar iPod Integration Kit

FastRam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my 06 RC with a REC (Nav) radio, which Mopar iPod integration kit will work with my truck, sans Uconnect? And, how do the kits perform, any issues, gripes, compliments, etc.?

put one in my truck worked great for about two years then just quit ,,:mad:

According to Mopar's site, part number 82210181AB is it for the 2005 and earlier Rams and 2007. And it figures, they don't list specifically the 06 model year, lmao... But I would assume the "07" will work with the 06...

BTW, the Mopar part number I referenced is not hardwired into the CAN-B bus. This number is for a FM modulated adapter kit and its the only one Mopar listed. After some internet searching it seems Mopar had a fair share of compatibility issues with the earlier CAN-B kit and other electronics, e.g. sat radio. I assume Mopar scrapped the CAN-B kit and went with a FM modulated setup instead. The kit uses a RJ-45 to iPod adapter cable to connect the iPod. Now I wonder which iPod is compatible with the kit -- I assume here it doesn't matter?

I have the mopar fm kit in the acr. It works well with no static. It does however loose it's connection once in a while, and I have to unplug my iPhone and plug it back in again. That's the only gripe I have with it. I have a req?? Radio.

RedSrt007 said:
I have the mopar fm kit in the acr. It works well with no static. It does however loose it's connection once in a while, and I have to unplug my iPhone and plug it back in again. That's the only gripe I have with it. I have a req?? Radio.
I believe that is a I-Phone issue, I have it with my Kenwood H/U and also in my wifes car.

RedSrt007 said:

Well that's not too bad I guess -- did you install the RJ-45 bulkhead fitting in the glove box? Although, I'm not sure if the ACR has one, lol.

FastRam said:
Well that's not too bad I guess -- did you install the RJ-45 bulkhead fitting in the glove box? Although, I'm not sure if the ACR has one, lol.

Since I wasn't planning on disconnecting it every time, I just threw a little electrical tape around both to keep it secure. I placed the excess wiring in the center console area, and my iPhone sits in my "cup holder" so I can answer calls and change songs.

So basically I have a 6" lead that's shown with the rest hidden.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back