Mopar Performance PCM Vin Change

MNSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to set the record straight on whether or not you could take a used Mopar Performance PCM and reflash your VIN into it to use it on a different truck. I had read several posts on here saying that you couldn’t and a few saying that you should be able to and the answer is that you CAN change the VIN that is stored in the PCM.

You will have to take it to a dealer and have them use the DRB to go into the PCM to make the changes. The dealer will also have to log into Dealer connect to get your skim codes to enter them along with the new VIN. I'm not sure what a dealer would charge for something like this as I work for a dealer and just borrowed the DRB for the night.

Let me know if you have any questions.

You should be able to reflash a VIN like you would a stock PCM...the only difference is the tuning. Must be same truck...year & QC or RC..

BTW...the Mopar PCM is tuned for Mopar headers and cam..may not be a good flash for a stock truck..

True. I have a drb at work, i installed a used ecm in my truck. Its done in the skim module . It will ask for your vehicle pin then ask to enter the mileage on the odometer. and its done.

I am not asking if it's possible I am stating that it's possible

Sorry to resurrect an old thread with my first post, but I could really use your help with this-- especially if the OP is still around. I have access to a DRBIII but can't figure out how to do this-- just about everyone (dealer and Chrysler techs) say it can't be done.

Could you give me specific instructions on how to do this? (What specific menu and options to select on the DRBIII?)

You must be at a stealership then? LOL! You can abosolutley change the vin in the PCM so the antitheft ignition is in tact. Pretty much the only reason to change the vin. The computer really doesn't care other than the year model due to being equipped with knock sensors or not. I believe it is in the skim module as stated and the DRB3 will in fact do it. If not mistaken you need the original PCM and the one to be flashed.:D

Sent a PM to ya... Be careful of not telling them to Flash it as that will erase the performance program and download stock program. They just need to program the vin...Or go the way I sent ya in pm

Sent a PM to ya... Be careful of not telling them to Flash it as that will erase the performance program and download stock program. They just need to program the vin...Or go the way I sent ya in pm

Can you PM ME the same info please! I got a new PCM on the way and gonna have to have stealership put my VIN in it also

I'm not looking to send it out to someone if possible I'd like to be able to just do this myself-- the people that program the performance computers in the first place and do "rebuilt" pcms obviously have software that exceeds the access level of the DRBIII.

You must be at a stealership then? LOL! You can abosolutley change the vin in the PCM so the antitheft ignition is in tact. Pretty much the only reason to change the vin. The computer really doesn't care other than the year model due to being equipped with knock sensors or not. I believe it is in the skim module as stated and the DRB3 will in fact do it. If not mistaken you need the original PCM and the one to be flashed.:D

The Stealership says it can't be done-- no, I'm just a guy with his Mopars and DRBIII. I bought it a few years ago on eBay-- it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't full price and it has paid for itself over the years.

I've had to do some experimenting since there are just no good directions to use the thing. I think there is a menu option under the SKIM for "replaced PCM". I was wary of trying that since the tool doesn't safeguard against stupid mistakes that could mess up other components, but maybe that's what needs to be done. I'd appreciate further info on this if someone knows specifically before I do my "experiment". I'd also like to know if there's a way to do it for non-SKIM vehicles for future reference-- I've seen the ABS throw codes for a VIN mismatch.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back