more cam stuff

Tooloe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok i searched and couldn't find what i was looking for.... ok 1st question i had told my builder to order the 264 comp cam....well he didn't it's no big deal cause he found a line on the Comp Coupe Camshaft that they can hardly get ahold of anymore for cheap! like the price they used to be like 325$... but heres my 2nd question what does the Compcoupe cam Sound like in our trucks? you can youtube the 708 cam and hear alot of bad ass sounding vipers but will my truck sound anything close to that? is the 708 and CompCoupe Cam The Same thing? and also i'm all about power gains and i know sometimes less is more but i think it's pointless to put a cam in our motors unless it's gonna get a lope to it. maybe not a big one but at least you can tell it's camed.

another question should i just Take the cheap route and get the CompCoupe Cam for 325 bucks or should i go with the 264 cam from Comp camshafts spend a little more money $589 the compcoupe nets are 8-10 RWHP and the 264 around 25RWHP..... i'm just kinda lost in this thought can anyone help me clear this up lol sound clips would help

i would seriously call comp cams and tell them what you are doing lots of new stuff in the cam world go cheap on a viper motor hahaha thats like pissing in the wind buddy

505'sFastestViper. said:
i would seriously call comp cams and tell them what you are doing lots of new stuff in the cam world go cheap on a viper motor hahaha thats like pissing in the wind buddy

well i mean going cheap as in.... should i spend 300 more bucks for 15 more HP?

Tooloe said:
well i mean going cheap as in.... should i spend 300 more bucks for 15 more HP?

I recommend a custom grind. Call Stinker and let him work his magic. ;) Tell him your goals, and plans to mod. He can just about anything your heart desires.

If you're going to go - go big. :) :rock:

Its alot of work to replace and then tune a cam swap in these trucks..therefore if given the opportunity...get exactly what you want ;)

An extra $300 to ensure your daily driving satisfication seems worth it to me :D

well i just off the phone with comp Cams Cam Help they said the 264 and 270 needs bigger valve springs and your heads have to be machined for it

Tooloe said:
well i just off the phone with comp Cams Cam Help they said the 264 and 270 needs bigger valve springs and your heads have to be machined for it
Bigger/stronger springs - yes.
Machining the heads - ??? for what? Only if you go with the larger/monster springs that BPE has.
Also, stock valve covers with these springs need to have the baffles pushed out a bit for spring travel.

Tuning you probably can get away without. I had larger injectors so it would be hard to say what a stock tune would do with these.
FYI - There is a plug and play cam tuner out there now if you have issues with your cam. I have it in my Hemi with a bigger cam. It adjusts the short term and long term trim at idle. I posted on it a long time ago on this site.

**this post is to cut down on the PMs.

Only if they are wider than stock. Otherwise they are overstating the issue.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back