More layoffs

thjones3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The company I work for just laid off 20+ more people, including a couple of people I enjoy(ed) working with :( . My manager says "don't worry, no one else is going to be laid off TODAY" :stupid: I just wanted to say don't take for granted the things you have today, they may be gone tomorrow. I know I am guilty of this.

I feel for ya too. Same thing happened to me today. The company I work for just layed off another 11 people. So far they have layed off 26. And to boot we had to take a pay cut today. On the bright side I would rather take a pay cut then no check at all.

moparracing said:
i had a manager say to a group of us tech's once:
"you've got a job as long as i'm here"...... he quit the next day. :(

i had the same thing once when i was in my twentys ,,,Plant manager told me to stick with him he would take me places in the biz and the the next day he got fired for stealing from his expense account lol:)

Well, I get to work today and have an email from my boss. They now feel that all of the engineering department needs to be micromanaged :mad: . I have to log all of my hours and the tasks/projects that I work on. What a f*cking waste of time. As if moral wasn't low enough already...:argh:

A couple months ago, they announced they would be laying off 10% of our department. My organization is located in about 7 different states. I figured, awesome performance ratings, 29 years with the company, 59 years old, no problem, the boss also told me not to worry.

Well, the bean counters came out with their list after taking recommendations from management and there was my name (which they chose to ignore). My manager let me know but said he was working on it. He went back to the bean counters and said, look, in his facility we have an IT staff of one, him, he also does more than what our organization is charted to do, so if you lay him off, you will need to hire 4 more people to do all the stuff he does. Plus, he is the only person in my organization carrying a securtiy clearance.

Guess I'll be around a while longer, at least until I turn in my papers and sail off into retirement.

But I'm in a good position, wish I could say the same for everyone else out there, time are rough. Good luck everyone.

I feel everyones pain!!!!
I just went through it myself,luckily I managed to get an offer from another local dealership.Although I do not know if it will last:dontknow: .
Just take it one day at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back