Most likely discussed a million times

shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but am wondering the approximate cost of building my engine. Forged all that needs forging, cam, heads reworked and anything else it takes to run in the 700 HP range (if that is possible). Rather same the meth for the driver but remember this is gonna be a daily driver again, it that is possible with 700 horses. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. At 72 this is my one last hoorah before I start drooling---unless I should win the power ball.

but am wondering the approximate cost of building my engine. Forged all that needs forging, cam, heads reworked and anything else it takes to run in the 700 HP range (if that is possible). Rather same the meth for the driver but remember this is gonna be a daily driver again, it that is possible with 700 horses. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. At 72 this is my one last hoorah before I start drooling---unless I should win the power ball.

ABOUT $16K

thewelshm

thanks for the deletes----seems this place is getting back to what it was intended to be---thanks

I have been considering this myself. I believe Tony said he had an NA build that would produce a little over 600hp at the wheels and be just as reliable as a stock truck. I would be interested in building it myself so I would think it could be done for around $10k in parts. May be way off.....

From what I have read on here and other places, doing boost will get you to that 700 crank. if you are looking Wheel - then yes the internals will have to be messed with. if you are not looking to mess with internals then you can look at what the Hennessy Viper was as a twin turbo set up and go for gold at 1100 LOL.. then that would be the 25k to 30k mark (my guess). Good luck and can't wait to hear your decision.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back