Mounting fire bottle?

Fit95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is the best place to mount a fire bottle in an 06 RC? I am in a road rally challenge in Aug. and the rules state that I have to have a 2.5lb fire extinguisher mounted within reach of the driver while belted in. Also, I have the mount for the extinguisher, but no screws or bolts. I was thinking of mounting it in the tray behind the passenger seat but wonder what kind of screws to use to go into plastic. Anybody with some experience mounting these help me out. Photos would be great. Thanks.

Fit95 said:
Where is the best place to mount a fire bottle in an 06 RC? I am in a road rally challenge in Aug. and the rules state that I have to have a 2.5lb fire extinguisher mounted within reach of the driver while belted in. Also, I have the mount for the extinguisher, but no screws or bolts. I was thinking of mounting it in the tray behind the passenger seat but wonder what kind of screws to use to go into plastic. Anybody with some experience mounting these help me out. Photos would be great. Thanks.
You will want to mount it to more that plastic, when you crash the last thing you need so to go hit by a hunk of metal...

I mounted mine on the floor with velco next to the power seat controls (drivers side). Sorry. No pics.

I got a CO fire extinguisher, but I don't know if it suitable for a vehicle. I'm sure it won't mess with white powder!

I secured mine ahead of the passenger side seat bolts. I've posted pics of it on the forum somewhere.

If you mount it behind you , I would not think it would pass if it has to be reach when buckled in. but thats were I keep mine

Silverback - There were no specifications on remote mounted units. I have installed a remote unit with a nozzle and a release cord in a modified racecar - but didn't want to have that extensive of modification in the interior in this truck since it is still driven daily. How diffucult is the unit that you are talking about to install?

Fit95 said:
Silverback - There were no specifications on remote mounted units. I have installed a remote unit with a nozzle and a release cord in a modified racecar - but didn't want to have that extensive of modification in the interior in this truck since it is still driven daily. How diffucult is the unit that you are talking about to install?
There not that hard, a few nossels and some controlls...

Does anyone have any photos of one of these units BIGRED and SILVERBACK are talking about. That would be helpful.

Halon extinguisher system

Damn BIGRED! Those Halon units are awesome. Don't really want to spend $1100 on one since I'm not racing on a regular basis. That video was cool. Where can you get them recharged? A regular Halon extinguisher would be great for my offices - no mess. Any idea where you can get them or refill them.:cool:

We have a fire safety place near here that handles refills...

I have always thought they were the way to go, I have put them in one plane and three boats, there are some cheap ones that work just as good I just want that dual bottle one...

I had one in a Z car I owned. Except for the button you did not even know it was there.

In my case, I put the bottle in the spare tire well, and ran the hose up behind the seat.

Mounting a fire bottle........?

You must be desperate......

Kinky bastage...........;)

D

Heres a picture of my setup, taking this past weekend while road racing. Basically some fairly thick but bendable aluminum made to mount through the seat bolts and attach to the base of the fire extinguisher holder.

Attachments

• Resize of 2007-07-23PMP 032.JPG
    Resize of 2007-07-23PMP 032.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 33

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back