Moving to Dallas, TX from NC

5_0_BAIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just thought I would tell my other family that I am moving to Texas. Took a job in Rockwall, TX. Start job June 1. So we can add another "10" from Texas. Any members on here live in Dallas? I know a bunch (and Ant) live in Houston.

For those that have lived in Dallas area, any nice places I should look for a house in? and bad that I should avoid?

Thanks

Congrats man and look forward to meeting ya. I am from Waco, about 100 miles south, but we have quite a few D/FW members here. ZCX(Carl) is one that comes to mind. Manny is another member here with a Silver QC. Welcome the the Great Republic of Texas.:rock:

If you see a 16 year old kid with red led headlights, that was my truck........

Look around Plano, TX....Grand Prarrie....Garland too name a few and are pretty local to each other and the city of Dallas..

OOOO maaaannnn Welcome! i'm in dallas all the time! were gonna have to get together forsure

Bye Frank, Have a good move and good luck with your new job.

ROCKWALL! thats where you are going to work,right? lol...there ya go.that was easy! not a bad area at all.and the track in Caddo mills is only 15minutes away! only 1/8th mile though!

There is always Las Colinas...Self contained city in a city...

You guys are so funny! Thanks. Yea Rockwall seems to be a nice place to live. I might only train at that location but they have 8 others in Dallas/Ft. Worth area.

I look forward to meeting the Texas members too!

Oh and Stinker, Funny bud. Funny LOL.

Big Dave, thanks I am sure I will be back to NC my entire family lives here (there).

across the f'n map! lol
he will understand my comment once he sees Dallas traffic!
f- Garland.....might as well b the hood now.
grand prairie aint any better...worse actually....across the map too!
Rockwall is a nice area!and its right by the lake! and its outta the traffic zone!
especially if ya dont have to leave to get to work!

Yeah the traffic was bad when I lived in Plano about 15 years ago ---Worked in Grand Prarie and in Garland...Took me 30 minutes or so to get to work in Grand Prarie and 1 1/2 hours to get home....

FATJACK said:
Frankie be careful in Texas, you know what they say about Texans.

NO.........What they say bout Texans:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

5_0_BAIT said:
Well just thought I would tell my other family that I am moving to Texas. Took a job in Rockwall, TX. Start job June 1. So we can add another "10" from Texas. Any members on here live in Dallas? I know a bunch (and Ant) live in Houston.

For those that have lived in Dallas area, any nice places I should look for a house in? and bad that I should avoid?

Thanks

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Rockwall be nice. bridge traffic can suck. but a nice place to open up on.

i be in Dallas, Oak Cliff, if ya need a hand on anything, just give a shout.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

FATJACK said:
Frankie be careful in Texas, you know what they say about Texans.

Yep... its legal to carry guns, and most of us do. :D

I'm in a suburb about 10 mins NNW of you. If you don't know where you are going to be once you finish training, then I would definitely not buy a house right away. Like the others have said, there are plenty of nice areas to live, but if you live on the "other side" of where you work, then you could easily spend 4 hrs a day round-trip in your truck. Traffic can be really bad if it is not timed right OR if you are in an area where there are not a lot of options.

Hwy 190 (aka: George W Bush Tollway) is a great place to run about as fast as you want without being hassled a lot, and traffic is not bad. It runs right through the northern Dallas suburbs.

I figured the traffic would be insane in Dallas, Big Worm.:eek:

ZCx-thanks, never know when you might need a hand on the ride. Drink Beer?:D

WA 2 FST- I was thinking the same thing. Would hate to get transfered to a store on the other side of Dallas and drive that traffic all day. A road that is nice to open her up on? I like the sound of that.
:rock: :rock: :rock:
Hot chicks in Rockwall??? Wife might not like that, guess I can always look:(

I live in North Dallas (Carrollton). Welcome to the Metroplex. There are plenty of nice suburbs in the Dallas area. Figure out where your workplace will be before settling in. You are going to have to get some type of watercraft - boat, jetski, etc. The lake season is around 7 months of the year -- lot's of eye candy out on the water.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back