Moving to South Carolina...

BlackViperRam04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be leaving Virginia and transferring to South Carolina (Charleston area) in March. Is there anybody on here that lives around there?

I did while in the Air force. I left in 1995. Housing was cheap especially when the Navy Base closed.

we are in greenville, but i think there are a few close by you...c-ton is a nice place. hope you enjoy, we should all gtg sometime...

i use to live in Summerville that about 15 miles from downtown,
its a nice place to live.
but if u play golf than ur in heaven!

1badnightrunner said:
i use to live in Summerville that about 15 miles from downtown,
its a nice place to live.
but if u play golf than ur in heaven!
That's where I lived , in Summerville. Nice little southern town.

My wife and I are actually driving down to Summerville next week to look at houses. I will be teaching at the Nuclear Power School which is in Goose Creek.

BlackViperRam04 said:
My wife and I are actually driving down to Summerville next week to look at houses. I will be teaching at the Nuclear Power School which is in Goose Creek.
I really think you will like the "Low Country". A lot less traffic then Va. Beach. I'm from Hampton so I know. Charleston has a lot of charm. The place is laid out pretty logical. Hwy 26 takes you straight in and Ladson Rd and another road north of 26 run parallel with 26. Best wishes.

My sister and her husband live in Mt. Pleasant which is just North up Hwy 17 out of Charelston. It's crowded. The weather is nice but it's crowded. Lots to see and do but it's crowded. Lets see.......anything else? Oh yeah, It's crowded.

SilvrSRT10 said:
My sister and her husband live in Mt. Pleasant which is just North up Hwy 17 out of Charelston. It's crowded. The weather is nice but it's crowded. Lots to see and do but it's crowded. Lets see.......anything else? Oh yeah, It's crowded.

Is it really crowded Dave? :dontknow: :p :D

Good luck with your move and your new job BlackViperRam04!!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: (I didn't catch your name)

Roz-SRT said:
Is it really crowded Dave? :dontknow: :p :D
Maybe I didn't emphasize that enough.:dontknow: Perhaps I'm over sensitive to the number of people and cars down there. I live in a small community where traffic and crowds are fairly light. So that when I do find myself in that environment, I feel closed in.

For someone coming from a more populated area. Charleston might seem like a walk in the park. It is a nice place. The cost of living is pretty high and growing. Housing is expensive. The only advice I can offer is go visit the area and see how it feels to you. Good luck with your move BlackViperRam04.

Last edited:
Its a nice place my wife and I go to Charelston at least once or twice
a year. Nice people just watch the street signs those cats like a one way street.

I have lived in both areas, Va Beach and Charleston. Traffic is WAY worse in Va Beach IMO. I lived on Sullivans Island, its the ocean front island next to Mt. Pleasant, very laid back and non commercial. Its a nice town.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back